Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Osarkon

macrumors 68020
Aug 30, 2006
Wales
ikklejo said:
Why can you not copy songs from a ipod into itunes or can you and i just dont know how??
Thanks
Jo

You need to use third-party software. Can't remember any off the top of my head, someone else will probably point some out before i remember:D

Warbrain

macrumors 603
Jun 28, 2004
Chicago, IL
iPodDisk is very nice. It makes your iPod show up as a network drive in the Finder with all the music files available for you to copy over.

The only problem with Senuti is that it copies all the music files you want into the Music folder first and then imports them into iTunes. You need to make sure to delete all the files from the Music folder or you'll be wondering why you lost a lot of space.

annk

Administrator
Staff member
Apr 18, 2004
Somewhere over the rainbow
ikklejo said:
ok sorry gonna have to be abit dumb hear what music folder?
Jo

I think Warbrain probably meant the music folder you can access in Finder:

Picture 7.png

Romainf

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2006
Geneva
I'm waiting for my MacBook to arrive and I'm wondering if i will be able to do it with my ipod (formated in windows)?

Will it be possible to connect it directly to my mac? or will I have to transfer all my music from my PC to the Mac?

Romainf

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2006
Geneva
That's great news thanks....especially since i download a podcast everyday from the office, I'm glad i won't have to do it from home every night! :)

Frisco

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2002
Utopia
Romainf said:
That's great news thanks....especially since i download a podcast everyday from the office, I'm glad i won't have to do it from home every night! :)

Just keep the iPod formatted for Windows because Windows can't read Mac formatted iPods.

Enjoy your new Mac!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.