Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

princealfie

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Salt Lake City UT
For those photogs who don't like Cannon, feel free to post your opinions:

I don't like those plasticey images.
I don't like the MS techniques to corner the market.
It riles me up to see that "Cannon" logo.
What is next for the 35-70mm f4-5.6 zoom!
etc. etc.

Actually I have some real reasons but I thought that I will stir up the pot.

(By the way, I am mostly a Olympus and Leica guy with a few Nikkon pieces here and there for sports photography.)

Okay antiCannonfolks, spill your beans!

xper

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2005
Sweden - Halmstad
Hmm yeah sorry, you don´t seem to know what you are talking about ;)
Really fun that someone could prefer Olympus over Canon, oh well, the taste is like a butt, splitted (wow that phrace works alot better in my native language.)

Oh ok, the only thing i hate is that i am not able to have my 350D (rebel xt) shooting RAW images in Auto mode, i want to be able to do it, please release a firmware that alowes me to, thanks.

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
this is really a rather strange thread, so instead of replying, I will steer it by asking if anyone has seen the newly announced Pentax 645D Medium Format body? :cool:

p645D-800.jpg

p645D-2-800.jpg

:D

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Clix Pix said:
This thread is headed to Wasteland and the guy doing all these spammy posts in various threads is probably cruising for a bruise.

Although it's not much worse than telling non-Canon, non-Nikon people to post in a thread, it's not really a useful topic.

I agree that the original poster has proven himself to be a spammer long before this.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Mmmm, a medium format dSLR sounds like it would be a lot of fun, kwajo! :)

Erm, P.S. plasticky bodies, I can understand. But how are the images that come out of the camera plasticky? I've never had someone look at one of my 300D images and say, did you spray everything in the scene with plastic before you shot that? :confused:

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
kwajo.com said:
this is really a rather strange thread, so instead of replying, I will steer it by asking if anyone has seen the newly announced Pentax 645D Medium Format body? :cool:

~huge images~

:D
dang, that's cool! it's not up on pentaxslr.com, though. any details on price or specs?

kwajo.com

macrumors 6502a
Jul 17, 2002
Bay of Fundy
here are the announced specs, including the exciting parts about it using the existing 20 years of 645 lenses, and it soon reaching 30MP :eek: It should be fairly affordable as MF bodies go, probably similar to the upper end Nikon and Canon digital bodies

Model name ( tentative ) : PENTAX 645 Digital

Product information & marketing schedule :
- 18 effective megapixels
- PENTAX 645AF mount
- Compatibility with existing smc PENTAX 645-series lenses
- Marketing schedule to be announced later

Other information :

This product will be continuously upgraded by incorporating newly developed image sensors, with its final effective megapixels expected to reach a 30-megapixel level.
http://www.pentax.co.jp/english/news/2006/200646.html

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
freebooter said:
That'd be a great pocket camera...for Shrek.

As to "Cannon", I kinda liked that fat, old detective.
images.jpg

Dang, you can skateboard it all the way home afterwards.

And that Pentax medium format camera looks very very cool. There's going to be a time when we're not going to be able to pick up enough light using our little sensors and will all need to switch to cameras with larger sensors, I think.

Meh.............I'll wait for a Nikon version. (and yes, I know one isn't coming)
;)

HckySo

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2006
turn around
I don't like the attitude and lack of true artistic ability in a Canon photographer. I recently went to a family wedding and it was odd because I was at a wedding but not working for the photographer. This Canon lady made sure that no one had a flash on and no one was leaning in the lane. The lady was a pretty good photo journalist during the wedding but she hired two other guys to take photos and it felt like a photo shoot, and since she hired two other guys she left half way through the reception because she was probably paying her photographers by the hour, which is okay, she's entitled to her package and they have a wedding booked tomorrow. It almost seemed like they just bought five Canon EOS-1Ds Mark II's and called themselves wedding photographers just because they're PPA certified. There wasn't anything magical with their shoots either, oh well.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
I'm going to assume that the above post is sarcastic, because it's obviously Canon's fault how someone uses their equipment. Surely this situation would never arise if the photographers had just bought Nikon 2Dxs... :rolleyes:

iMeowbot

macrumors G3
Aug 30, 2003
I used to have a Canon and the display blew out past the warranty date. Ever since it's been Monroe all the way, their service plan is excellent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.