Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 27, 2006, 02:55 AM   #1
tvbi
macrumors member

Powerbook - external monitor on battery

Is there a way to prevent the PB from going to sleep after the wall charger is unplugged when using the clamshell mode?

I'm going to use my PB as a carputer and want it to run for awhile after I turn off the car..I know the PB will go to sleep when it loses power in clamshell mode..
tvbi is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 02:58 AM   #2
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

You should be able to select to never go to sleep in the Energy Saver preference pane. Of course, unplug your Mac when changing these preferences because otherwise they'll apply to your power adaptor settings. If that doesn't work, you could get your Mac playing music or something similar to ensure she stays awake.
Old Sep 27, 2006, 03:13 AM   #3
tvbi
macrumors member

hey thanks.. but found my answer.. InsomniaX.

mad jew: It's not because I don't use for a long time it goes to sleep, but OS X required you to plug-in to use clamshell mode.
tvbi is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2006, 03:16 AM   #4
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbi
mad jew: It's not because I don't use for a long time it goes to sleep, but OS X required you to plug-in to use clamshell mode.

Ahh, I see what you're saying. Well how are you using this machine if there isn't a keyboard or mouse attached (that includes Bluetooth)? Either of these should be able to wake your machine, then keeping it awake is simple.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs