Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Sep 27, 2006, 03:57 PM   #1
bearbo
macrumors 68000

powermac g5 w/o BT,AP.. can I add them?

If I land a powermac g5 2.0 dual, late 05 built w/o bluetooth or airport, is it possible for me to install them myself, that is, will it be possible for me to purchase airport card and bluetooth card from apple (if so how much?) and put it in myself? thanks!
bearbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 12:41 PM   #2
pocketandy
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to pocketandy
Yes try: http://www.applemacparts.co.uk/store...wermac&x=0&y=0. It's not cheap though. The card is installed in 1.42Ghz iBooks and I pulled one out of one I repaired with a broken screen. then I just had to get the runway card and stand offs which is also available from VIS. Now I'm looking for a guide to install it. I might try and work it out for myself. I might create a guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbo
If I land a powermac g5 2.0 dual, late 05 built w/o bluetooth or airport, is it possible for me to install them myself, that is, will it be possible for me to purchase airport card and bluetooth card from apple (if so how much?) and put it in myself? thanks!
pocketandy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:58 PM   #3
Macmadant
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearbo
A bluetooth USB dongle won't Set you back much either
Macmadant is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 26, 2006, 03:46 AM   #4
pocketandy
macrumors newbie

Send a message via AIM to pocketandy
True but it won't give you airport capabilities. Look at this string I found all of the info to install the card there. It is not difficult if you aren't scared of poking inside a computer. http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=179232
pocketandy is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs