Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Sep 28, 2006, 03:53 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Desktop 2.0 - The Operating System Lives On

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Desktop 2.0 - The Operating System Lives On
Description:: A lot of people have a rather strange idea that Web 2.0 will render desktop applications and operating systems obsolete. Here's a slightly saner look at the future in which desktop apps and web apps work together, rather than against each other

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Sep 28, 2006, 07:30 PM   #2
steve_hill4
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to steve_hill4 Send a message via AIM to steve_hill4 Send a message via MSN to steve_hill4 Send a message via Yahoo to steve_hill4 Send a message via Skype™ to steve_hill4
Ahh, after that earlier article on the OS being dead, some sense here.

I strongly agree, the day that the OS is dead, the processing power and hardware requirements will pretty much die too and we will just need faster and faster networks. It's so much easier to quickly change hardware to something faster, doesn't seem internet speeds can change quite as fast at the moment.

I'm still against thin clients and until I see something special from them, I will remain this way.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion