Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Sep 29, 2006, 01:54 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Of Mice & Hockey Pucks...

Category: Humor
Link: Of Mice & Hockey Pucks...
Description:: Ever wondered how the product feels about being called a failure? Products have feelings too, so I sat down and interviewed Bondo Clickster, one of the famous Apple USB Mice, otherwise known as the "hockey puck mouse."

Check it out at www.lowendmac.com!

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:02 PM   #2
thedude110
macrumors 68020

As I've said many times, I loved the hockey puck mouse. When I was working in IT, I used to pick a hockey puck mouse out of the discard pile and attach it to whatever computer I was using at the time. I really loved it.

But this article. I mean, it's like something you'd do in a High School English class. If you were high.

Which isn't to say it isn't fun, just that it's not that ... interesting.
thedude110 is offline   0
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:09 PM   #3
Allotriophagy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedude110
But this article. I mean, it's like something you'd do in a High School English class. If you were high.

Which isn't to say it isn't fun, just that it's not that ... interesting.
Everything "Tommy Thomas" has written for LEM has been utterly inane drivel.
Allotriophagy is offline   0
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:34 PM   #4
kgarner
macrumors 68000

This is how you anthropomorphize an Apple product.
kgarner is offline   0
Old Sep 29, 2006, 03:54 PM   #5
Boggle
macrumors 6502

Location: Krazyglued to an office chair in a perpetual meeting on coffee break abuse.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgarner
This is how you anthropomorphize an Apple product.
Now THAT was a good. Thanks for posting it. I was about to waste time ranting about Tommy Thomas and using lots of synonyms for "hack." You saved me from myself. I owe you one.

Boggle
With orange and lavender spots?
Boggle is offline   0
Old Sep 29, 2006, 05:40 PM   #6
Classic Mac 500
macrumors newbie

This is Tommy Thomas...

Hey there! I'm Tommy Thomas, the one who wrote this article and the other Welcome To Macintosh articles. First off, I'd like to thank MacBytes for posting the link to this article and also links to both parts of my interview with Jag of Jag's House. I haven't been writing that long for Low End Mac, but one thing I've tried to do is mix it up a little. A little serious, a little not-so serious. I'm sorry that some of you feel the way you do about my articles. I'd like to know what I can do to make my articles better, and the only way I can do that is by getting people's feedback. If you were in my position, what would YOU write about?

I'm not upset by the criticism, because that's a part of life, but I would like to know what you all think I should be doing that I'm not doing. I knew this article would be silly, but I wanted to try to appeal to the humorous side of people. :-)

Regardless of what you thought of my article today, I thank you for reading. :-)

Take care and May God Bless,
Tommy
Classic Mac 500 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion