Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Applespider

macrumors G4
Original poster
Suggestions for Assignment 10 should go here... Ideas by Tuesday evening - vote by Friday and we'll be shooting by next weekend.

"Geometry" and "Shallow (DoF) go in automatically as the joint runners-up from last month's poll. Other ideas are most welcome but remember - keep them simple! And avoid any others from the Assignment 9 poll!

The previous assignments list (with links to the polls and threads) so you can what we've already had is below.

Previous Assignments
Assignment 1 - Holiday Preparation (multiple threads)
Assignment 2 - Cold
Assignment 3 - Nature in Unexpected Places
Assignment 4 - Insanity of Humanity or Metal
Assignment 5 - Water
Assignment 6 - Contrasts
Assignment 7 - Yellow
Assignment 8 - Buildings/Urban
Assignment 9 - Doorknobs

kodiak

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2005
how about something on moods or activity, rather than an object, would leave enormous scope for subject selection

- isolation/lonliness/missing
- joy

- concentration/intent
- relaxation

superted666

Oct 17, 2005
Got to be sports

something that both makes a great shot and captures the spirit of the scene....

andiwm2003

macrumors 601
Mar 29, 2004
Boston, MA
since we already have again more than 10 suggestions i suggest that applespider pics a list of ~ten that we vote on.

that worked like a charm last time.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Shadow. I don't know about the doorknobs one, but that just means I'm not creative enough to think that'd be a good one. ;)

Johnpartridge

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2006
Hi , well i was just abit late at adding "Freezeframes" for Assignment 9.

So that is my suggestion for Assignment 10.

wisredz

macrumors regular
Aug 4, 2006
kodiak said:
how about something on moods or activity, rather than an object, would leave enormous scope for subject selection

- isolation/lonliness/missing
- joy

- concentration/intent
- relaxation

isolation, joy or loneliness! great ideas... seconded.

Bibulous

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2005
We could try something very specific, gives everyone a starting point and subject to shoot.

your front door
your mailbox
your street or neighborhood
your workplace/school

Plus I would be interested in seeing these types of pics from around the world

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
A few subjects I think might be interesting:

Motion (already mentioned)
Cops (already mentioned)
Environmental portraits (work environment or other settings which help define the subject)
Backlight
B/W
Night
Detail (not necessarily macro, but in the photojournalism mode)
Magazine cover shot (thinking vertical, with room for text...)
Grafitti
Musical instruments
Unusual/unique, or just cool business signs
Churches, temples, synagogues, or mosques
Urban or small town street scenes

'bout it for now

ejb190

macrumors 65816
I liked the Door Knobs assignment because it was somthing specific, tangible, found everywhere, and taken for granted.

Johnpartridge, your suggestion of "freezeframe" leaves me a bit baffled. Are your suggesting shots that stop motion?

Applespider, I think there are plenty of suggestions here. Let's send it to a poll!!!

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
If we want something general, how about something that can be taken several ways? Like Blues (guitar, music, or just colors) or are we really fishing for some more specific than that? Then I'd say either kids or reunions.

sjl

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
Fire / flame.

Just a thought. (haven't had a close look at assignment suggestions in previous months, so I might be repeating somebody ...)

mcmadhatter

macrumors 6502
Sep 6, 2005
Bath, UK
I was going to suggest "autumn light" (fall for the americans), until I realised that it would aleinate the entire southern and parts of the nothern hemisphere from entering, which would be a bit unfair, so how about

"Seasons"

jimmer116

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2006
P[h]i(e)

pknz said:
I second that.

Not only will the forum be full of mouth watering goodness that is pie, but i guess someone could get overly-creative and do pi...or maybe a pi-pie. Nothing is better than combining math and food. Seriously now...think of the room for creativity.

Maybe we could just change it all to Math/Food (as in both have to be present). Dealing with things like Pi and Phi can lead to quite beautiful things...and then to add food on top of it...can't posibly be bad.

Buschmaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 12, 2006
Minnesota
jimmer116 said:
Not only will the forum be full of mouth watering goodness that is pie, but i guess someone could get overly-creative and do pi...or maybe a pi-pie. Nothing is better than combining math and food. Seriously now...think of the room for creativity.

Maybe we could just change it all to Math/Food (as in both have to be present). Dealing with things like Pi and Phi can lead to quite beautiful things...and then to add food on top of it...can't posibly be bad.
I just had a calc exam yesterday.... don't do this to me... ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.