Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old Oct 2, 2006, 09:24 PM   #1
Rasheem
macrumors regular

audio not playing in final cut pro. HELP!

hi im new to final cut and something seems to be messed up. None of my audio is playing. its not a question of tracks being muted. not even the previews of video or songs will play before adding them to the timeline. And its not my computer because itunes still plays so i know everything is working on my speakers and computer its just final cut. I think its probably an easy fix like checking a box in preferences but i cant find anything? PLEASE HELP
Rasheem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 2, 2006, 10:42 PM   #2
GavinT
macrumors member

Location: Bath (UK) -> Tokyo (JPN) -> Cardiff (UK) -> Tokyo (JPN)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheem
hi im new to final cut and something seems to be messed up. None of my audio is playing. its not a question of tracks being muted. not even the previews of video or songs will play before adding them to the timeline. And its not my computer because itunes still plays so i know everything is working on my speakers and computer its just final cut. I think its probably an easy fix like checking a box in preferences but i cant find anything? PLEASE HELP

Hmm. I'm getting the same issue in Final Cut Express HD.
GavinT is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 12:31 AM   #3
GavinT
macrumors member

Hmmm. I've been poking around, and in my case the video's with no audio are those that I've passed through VisualHub (they were files that used to play OK on my PC, but not on my Mac. I then passed them through VisualHub to convert to bog standard MPG.) Strange, as I get sound still in Quicktime.

Anything that's not gone through VisualHub imports correctly.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 01:49 AM   #4
faustfire
macrumors 6502a

Is your camera attached via firewire to your computer? If so unplug it and restart fcp, sometimes if you have your camera attached fcp will play audio to it and not to your computer speakers. If that's not it, try checking under view/audiosettings and make sure it is set to default.

Last edited by faustfire; Oct 3, 2006 at 01:55 AM.
faustfire is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 02:23 AM   #5
GavinT
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by faustfire
Is your camera attached via firewire to your computer? If so unplug it and restart fcp, sometimes if you have your camera attached fcp will play audio to it and not to your computer speakers. If that's not it, try checking under view/audiosettings and make sure it is set to default.
Got it working in my case (converted media to MP4 format. No apparent loss of quality, and it works). The media was already taken off camera.

Of course, I can't speak for the original poster..... but I think we can say it's not likely to be a bug in FCE/FCP.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:13 AM   #6
MovieCutter
Banned

View->Audio Playback->Built in Audio

That should do the trick
MovieCutter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 08:15 AM   #7
majorp
macrumors 6502

did you use iMovie at any point?
majorp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 09:08 AM   #8
Rasheem
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieCutter
View->Audio Playback->Built in Audio

That should do the trick
That did the trick. Thanks a LOAD
Rasheem is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 04:46 PM   #9
lukemilnes
macrumors member

No sound during Log & Capture. Blurred playback.

Hi i appear to be having the same problem.

When i connect my camera to my mac and load FCP5.1 > Log & Capture > Play... i get no sound from the camera or the computer speakers, but the video will playback onscreen.

Can anyone help?

Also the video has blurred lines across it whenever there are sharp camera movements. I used 2 different cameras during the shoot, and the footage from each is blurred, so im pretty sure its a problem with the settings i have in FCP.

Thanks.
lukemilnes is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 06:25 PM   #10
virvang
macrumors newbie

I had this problem. I realized it was because I was not rendering the audio. TO render both the audio and video go to sequence>Render selection or Render all>both. This will render both the audio and video for the clips i your timeline.
virvang is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2011, 11:27 PM   #11
MovieCutter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by virvang View Post
I had this problem. I realized it was because I was not rendering the audio. TO render both the audio and video go to sequence>Render selection or Render all>both. This will render both the audio and video for the clips i your timeline.
FIVE year old thread dude...
MovieCutter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 24, 2011, 05:38 AM   #12
simsaladimbamba
macrumors Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by virvang View Post
And even better would be using properly encoded footage and audio, then no rendering would be needed.

Just out of curiosity, why did you post in such an old thread and even registered for it?
Old Sep 23, 2011, 02:17 PM   #13
oconbrian
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by simsaladimbamba View Post
And even better would be using properly encoded footage and audio, then no rendering would be needed.

Just out of curiosity, why did you post in such an old thread and even registered for it?

I'm glad he posted, his comments solved the issue I was having.
oconbrian is offline   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video