Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Oct 3, 2006, 03:52 PM   #1
trogdor!
macrumors regular

MDD G4 167mhz logic board/processor

I am looking for a motherboard and possibly processor for a MDD g4 powermac. I need the 167mhz version, rev with dual firewire 400 ports. Also, possibly a dual 1.25ghz processor module. I have either a dead processor or motherboard in this machine and I am having trouble finding some used replacement parts. Any help on where to find or anyone have one?

THe problem is that you turn on the computer, no startup up chime, then a few seconds later, the fans kick up to full speed and it just sits there, no video, red light on motherboard, pmu reset doesnt do anything, tried new battery, video card is good. Any help would be appreciated.
trogdor! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:17 PM   #2
dpaanlka
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to dpaanlka
Do you have RAM in it?

If so, try resetting it or taking it all out except for one stick...

These machines will not boot, chime, or show any signs of intelligent life with no RAM installed.
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:25 PM   #3
trogdor!
macrumors regular

yah, i tried that. It had 2gigs installed (4 - 512's). It does the same thing with RAM in it or not. Also, with only one stick in it and in different slots.
trogdor! is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2006, 04:32 PM   #4
bokdol
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to bokdol
i had to replace the mother board on my old machine.(a mdd 1.25 dual) the problem it had was i had open the case and place a fan on it to do some test. but the fan fell on the board frying a chip. anyhow. there was a strange red light that showed up after. i would try opeing the case and starting up. that red light is an indicator on wither it is the board or the processor or somthing else. i believe there are a few lights all over that tells differnet issues.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs