Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio

Old Oct 4, 2006, 08:48 PM   #1
kildraik
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to kildraik Send a message via Skype™ to kildraik
Upload/Stream mp3 help!!!!

How (and where) can I upload a song to the internet so I can stream that song to a website?
Old Oct 5, 2006, 09:26 AM   #2
scottlinux
macrumors 6502a

It's like any other file or webpage you would want to have on the web. You need a domain name (register.com) and web hosting service. Search google for web hosting.
scottlinux is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:31 AM   #3
ChrisA
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kildraik
How (and where) can I upload a song to the internet so I can stream that song to a website?
I think you need to tell us some more. Exactly what do yo want to do? Are you making a web site that is to offer streamming audio. Is there already such a site and you just need to know how toupload your audio track to the site?

Watch out for copyright. I assume you own the copyright to this music. It''s something you made and want to publish on the web?

Actually if your Mac is on the Internet full time you can host the site yourself. All the required server software ships with Mac OSX.
ChrisA is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2006, 09:23 PM   #4
EEcuber17
macrumors member

Hey guys same kind of question.

If Im running a music blog and want people to be able to click a link and it open a page which is only a MP3. For example, click a link and go to

www.myblog.com/music/brandnew.mp3

Then just see a quicktime symbol and listen to the song.

Do I need some type of file hosting service? Is there any site that will do this for free?
Old Dec 13, 2006, 10:53 AM   #5
scottlinux
macrumors 6502a

^If you already have webhosting, and a domain name set up, then yes- you can just pop the mp3 file into a directory. Quicktime plugin will automatically play it in the browser. Though this is assuming the person has quicktime installed, and also that they prefer it taking over mp3s in their browser!

But yes if you just toss the mp3 file in a directory like

www.myfakewebsiteasdf1234.com/mymusic/mytune.mp3

it will be all set.

There are free hosting services like geocities, and such. But they have a cap on the size of files, and the total amount of webspace. One mp3 file would max out your free webspace, in other words. There are lots of good hosting companies out there.

Last edited by scottlinux; Dec 13, 2006 at 10:54 AM. Reason: .
scottlinux is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Digital Audio