Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac

Old Oct 5, 2006, 02:23 AM   #1
whyrichard
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to whyrichard
Render farming windows apps...

Hello,

i am very new at render farming....

me and a few people use applications such as maya 7, rhino 4, 3ds max, catia, etc... architects who need to render alot of things through different applications....

I am trying to do research on how to network, say 3 windows computers, together (using gigabyte ethernet switch, which we have) to render cooperativly in maya 7, rhino 4, 3ds max... etc....

and i know no other computer community better then this one to ask!

questions:

-is the render farm process different for each program? different for maya then rhino?

-is there a render farm community that i can tap into?

-have looked at drqueue, and for windows it is a haphazard process! is there an alternative, even an inexpensive alternative?

-should i dive into linux?

-HELP!

any advice much loved...

thanks,
r.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 10:39 AM   #2
The General
Banned

If you have never used Linux before, creating an OpenSSL cluster for 3D rendering is probably far off, years even. I've been using Linux for 3 and a half years and I have no idea how that works. Google "OpenSSL" and perhaps you are smarter than me and can figure it out faster.
The General is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac