Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bikertwin

macrumors regular
Nov 6, 2002
This Old House
Here's a translation from Sherlock (I love how "OS X" translates as "Mac the X"!) :

We receive today plus one build of the Safari, the navigator of the
Apple. The version v69, still not set free officially for the public,
basically brings corrections of many bugs and previous pendencies of
builds. Sources affirm that the next official version to be set free
for the company will be v70.

In interface terms, menus and preferences, had not occurred many
changes. The icon of the bar of tools that represents the action "To
complete forms of the AutoFill feature" was a little modified, but of
remaining portion everything continues the same thing. The Apple
corrected one bug serious that it made with that first tab of the
navigator always appeared activated, exactly when you was visiting a
page in another one.

"I am each happyer time using the Safari. With the clearing of v69,
now it is well possible that I start to use it as browser default in
the Mac the X. My publication system in mine blog, b2, now functions
in the navigator. I believe that this is resulted of one generality
that the Apple gave and added compatibility to the many systems that
were not compatible to the Safari, "comments Rafael Fischmann,
responsible generality for the MacMagazine.com.br.

Browser now gained more implementations in the AutoFill feature, and
also it starts to record passwords for the users, as they can see
below in one of screen shots. Moreover, a safe source of the site
affirmed that system of location of applicatory, that allows that the
Safari twirls in the language used for the system of the user, now
functions, in contrast of that happened in v67, when it started to be
implanted.

In the generality, the Safari is super steady and with the still
better performance. He seems same that the desenvolvedores of the
company are giving the final touchs for the clearing of diverse new
developments for the public.

backspinner

macrumors 6502a
Apr 29, 2002
Eindhoven
Re: old news...

Originally posted by Dr. Distortion
Safari b.71 is out already... and to prove it I've attached this nice screenshot...
here we go again...
...been there, done that. It's so cheap to change the version in plist file to show another number :p

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
Now have MacinTalk Pro English Agnes read that aloud. THAT's entertainment!

ultrafiel

macrumors member
May 19, 2002
Ya I just downloaded v71 also. But I'm not sure if it is real. It says it is also beta 2? Strange thing is that it was a .sit file where I got it, while they've always been .dmg before. I can also get the v69 .dmg if needed. I have no idea what has changed in either.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
what i find funny is that apple stopped the seed program and its already on carracho. haha.

iJon

shadowfax

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2002
Houston, TX
Originally posted by iJon
what i find funny is that apple stopped the seed program and its already on carracho. haha.

iJon
exactly. if you can't beat 'em, join 'em. here's to apple getting more into the open source community.

celaurie

macrumors 6502a
Mar 2, 2003
Scotland, UK.
v.What?

Hrm, interestingly I went a hunting around... I didn't come up with a single copy of a 'v.69' release, but did turn up 'v.71' more than once. For the record, I have downloaded these 'v.71's and as far as I can see, they do check out...

Anyone care to comment?

Chris, the Hunter

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
any developers out there who can look at thie v71 and see if it is real. cant say ive seen safari in a sit fomat before.

iJon

jg3

macrumors member
May 3, 2002
Urbana, IL
Maybe they are cleaning up v70 from more of a UI standpoint to make it more acceptable for public release while feature/implementation work continues with v71? Dunno, just talking...

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
Originally posted by jg3
Maybe they are cleaning up v70 from more of a UI standpoint to make it more acceptable for public release while feature/implementation work continues with v71? Dunno, just talking...

Sounds logical. I doubt Apple would halt production of Safari in the days prior to a public release just to keep the seed numbers in order.

shawnjackson

macrumors newbie
Apr 9, 2003
Keychain Access!

I don't know if anyone knew this... ( I didn't) but Safari v71 finally incorporates keychain access. It is not compatible with the same keychain files that Camino used so you will have to re-enter all of your passwords at least once, but I guess once is better then a lot more.

schweb

macrumors newbie
Mar 2, 2003
Re: Keychain Access!

Originally posted by shawnjackson
I don't know if anyone knew this... ( I didn't) but Safari v71 finally incorporates keychain access. It is not compatible with the same keychain files that Camino used so you will have to re-enter all of your passwords at least once, but I guess once is better then a lot more.

I noticed that as well. I'm so happy it finally works!

Giaguara

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2002
camino is my preferred, but i wanted to try if the v71 did work on some sites i need admin access. the previouses (to 67) did not work.

now i see ALL like this, HUGE fonts. anyone know how to fix it? it is really annoying and unusable this way. i attach a screen, in 50 % smaller scale to not give headaches.

btw, the licence says "SAFARI 2.0 PUBLIC BETA" - i assume that is the rabbit steve will drag from his hat in wwdc

ps. apple-minus does nothign. the font is changed to 9 pt high but for me it loks SLIGHTLY larger. universal zoon thing is off.

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
I don't have 69 or 71, but obviously the report that 70 would be publicly released was bogus. Frankly, I don't know which rumor is more stale--that v.x of Safari will be publicly released or that iPod updates are imminent. Set skepticism on kill.

Sigh... it would be nice to try out one of these new versions.

sparkleytone

macrumors 68020
Oct 28, 2001
Greensboro, NC
Originally posted by Giaguara
camino is my preferred, but i wanted to try if the v71 did work on some sites i need admin access. the previouses (to 67) did not work.

now i see ALL like this, HUGE fonts. anyone know how to fix it? it is really annoying and unusable this way. i attach a screen, in 50 % smaller scale to not give headaches.

are you using a custom html4.css file or using something such as safari enhancer? if so, trash it in favor of the safari defaults.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
any one else have problems with macrumors on 71. side doesnt seem to show up. back to 67.

iJon

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.