Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 5, 2006, 02:34 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

How will Apple capitalize on media center computer market gr...

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: How will Apple capitalize on media center computer market growth?
Description:: Apple may have picked the perfect time to begin selling movies at the iTunes Store and announcing the iTV. Growth for the “media center” computer market is coming, but mainstream adoption will be measured, according to a new report by the IDC research group.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 5, 2006, 04:45 PM   #2
BenRoethig
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to BenRoethig Send a message via Yahoo to BenRoethig
Apple has gone as far as I think they're willing to go with the media center. I think they seriously believe people are going to shun T.V. to buy iTunes shows and movies instead. By simply aquiring elgato and adding their products to the mix, Apple could have by far the best overall mediacenter expirience. However, I don't think they understand non mac users well enough to do so.
Old Oct 5, 2006, 06:34 PM   #3
billyboy
macrumors 65816

It looks like Apple have once again seen a trend before it becomes either too popular or too well done by any one else, and are positioning themselves accordingly.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion