Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 6, 2006, 07:58 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Digital music revenues set to soar, says Sony BMG




Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Digital music revenues set to soar, says Sony BMG
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 6, 2006, 10:17 AM   #2
bigandy
macrumors G3
 
bigandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Murka
and in other news, a new study has proven macrumors is a website.

come on, is this really news?
__________________
"any day that involves cat pee is a really bad day" - iBlue
bigandy is offline   0
Old Oct 6, 2006, 11:03 AM   #3
Passante
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: on the sofa
Quote from the "article"

What's more, digital sales and service now account for around 20 percent of the company's digital music division, said Thomas Hesse, president of Global Digital Business at Sony BMG Music Entertainment, in an interview Wednesday at the Digital Music Forum West in Hollywood.


If Sony's digital music division earns 20% of its earnings from selling digital music what does it do for the remaining 80%????
__________________
Never switched
Passante is offline   0
Old Oct 6, 2006, 12:36 PM   #4
Bob Knob
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by Passante
Quote from the "article"

What's more, digital sales and service now account for around 20 percent of the company's digital music division, said Thomas Hesse, president of Global Digital Business at Sony BMG Music Entertainment, in an interview Wednesday at the Digital Music Forum West in Hollywood.


If Sony's digital music division earns 20% of its earnings from selling digital music what does it do for the remaining 80%????
That's the division of Sony that makes faulty laptop batteries.
Bob Knob is offline   0
Old Oct 6, 2006, 02:31 PM   #5
winmacguy
macrumors 68020
 
winmacguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigandy
and in other news, a new study has proven macrumors is a website.

come on, is this really news?
I posted it, and it paints a bigger picture of the overall revenue of digital downloads outside of Apple so I don't see why not.
__________________
With Windows iWork, with Apple iCreate
winmacguy is offline   0


 
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony cassette (Digital 8) camera DV out ---> Thunderbolt iMac 2013 SLO-Jure Digital Video 11 Feb 27, 2014 09:30 AM
Digital Music Sales Decline for First Time Since Opening of iTunes Music Store MacRumors MacRumors.com News Discussion 250 Jan 9, 2014 11:36 AM
how to set up a digital signage system using macs rooster676 Mac Basics and Help 1 Aug 2, 2013 07:02 AM
Music Streaming Revenues Now Surpass $1 Billion In the US (up 59% from last year) EbookReader Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion 7 May 18, 2013 01:54 AM
Western Digital 4TB HD not reading on Sony BluRay matteo79 Mac Peripherals 0 Mar 12, 2013 06:35 AM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:10 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC