Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

benbow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
USA
I have a HP L2335 display currently hooked up to a PC and would love to ditch the PC and replace it with an Intel Mac Mini. The G4 Minis with the ATI 9200 GPU do not work with the L2335 (1920 x 1200 DVI) display. According to the reports I read a year ago the L2335 images had major artifacts that made the display unusable. Many other monitors were also listed as incompatable with G4 Minis.

I have been trying to find out if the current Intel Minis have monitor incompatabilities. Did switching to the Intel GMA950 solve the non Apple monitor incompatability issue last Spring?

benbow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 10, 2006
USA
Nuno,

Thanks for pointing out the Wiki article on DVI and the different connectors. I never tried connecting my HP L2335 to my existing G4 Mac mini due to the reports of green static from others who tried it.

From Macintouch 2/15/15

David Jacobs
The green and red static noticed by your users is not a problem unique to the Mac Mini, as some of your reader reports have intimated. I have seen this problems with my PowerBook 15" (DVI/1.25GHz/32MB VRAM) connected to the HP L2335. With the PowerBook/HP setup the problems were infrequent but unmistakable. Connecting a Mac Mini (DVI/1.42GHz/32MB VRAM) to the same monitor, the problems are much more pronounced.

I am thinking of getting one of the current Mac minis with the Intel display driver chipsets instead of the ATI9200 card that was in the G4 minis. Both analog and digital output elicited many complaints from G4 mini owners using non-Apple monitors.

Do the newer minis work well with HP and other monitors using DVI cables?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.