Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 8, 2006, 05:30 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

October 8, 1991: Apple Settles Beatles Lawsuit

Category: History
Link: October 8, 1991: Apple Settles Beatles Lawsuit
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:54 AM   #2
autrefois
macrumors 65816

All You Need Is Lawsuits!

Although I disagree with it in general, I can understand the lawsuit over the iTunes (Music) Store. You can buy compilations and tracks via iTunes that can't be found elsewhere, essentially making Apple (Computer) a music company. However, I don't really think anyone would confuse the two.

The suit about Apple's computers being able to do midi was a little weaker in my opinion. Maybe it was just a pre-emptive strike to try to act before Apple did more in the way of music (which they eventually did).

I go back and forth over the initial suit over the company's name. I don't think people would assume or did assume Apple Computer was owned by the same folks as Apple Music, which I suppose is the most important point.
autrefois is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion