Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
Original poster
.Mac users now get Freeverse Deluxe Board games for free, a $20 value. Check your .Mac page to download it.

Free Download of Eight Deluxe Board Games
This suite of deluxe board games from Freeverse, US$20 value, is yours free?just for being a .Mac member. All of these great games can be played online against others and seven can be played on your own desktop against an artificial intelligence opponent. These exciting games are just a download away:

4 In A Row - Race your opponent to be the first to light up four buttons in a row.

7th Fleet - Destroy your opponent's fleet while protecting your own ships.

Checkers - The classic board game, known in the UK as Draughts.

Chess - Freeverse's take on one of the world most famous board games.

Go - In this classic Eastern game, players must surround an opponent's pieces.

Mancala - The subtle African game of stones.

Reversi -You flip over your opponent's pieces and go for the corners.

Tic Tac Toe - This classic will take you back.

irmongoose

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
Originally posted by FelixDerKater
Downloaded twice, and both times DiskCopy failed to mount the image...
For some reason I had to download it a second time as well, but it worked that time.

Flowbee

macrumors 68030
Dec 27, 2002
Alameda, CA
Download worked fine for me on the first try. A nice set of games, though I'm disappointed that GO is the game you can't plat against the computer. I realize that GO is a difficult game for computers to play well, but they're plenty good enough to give a beginner a challenge.

Anyway, happy to be getting some nice "extras" from .mac.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
these games are SOOOOO lame! oh my god, i can't believe how pathetic they are. i mean, yeah they are free but c'mon. i'd honestly rather have nothing. i would think Apple would be embarrassed to have these associated with them. i like all these games in their "analog" states and can even deal with computer versions if they are good but these are a joke. what i'm mainly mad at are the graphics, they are just horrible. pixelated, blurry images. looks like these were slapped together in Fireworks or something. boooo. hissss.

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
My wife says that she enjoys the games available to her from .Mac. Thanks for the link I will pass it on to her! ;)

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
these games are great. although that reversi computer is a bitch to beat, never seemed that hard before. is there a way to switch the connect 4 game the other way around, ive always played it dropping the checkers from the top.

iJon

baby duck monge

macrumors 68000
Feb 16, 2003
Memphis, TN
i think the games are kinda fun. nice little something to play when you're bored. you can also get them for free on the macaddict cd from last month...

garzy

macrumors regular
Dec 21, 2002
these games are awesome

reversi is a great thinking game i play between classes on my powerbook

i can even host, which suprises me, because my school's wireless networks have strict firewalls

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.