Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
I think it was produced from the 70s-80's maybe. It's about an island where some animals live. All I can remember is the title sequence where a Snake would pop on screen, 'wipe' its feet and walk off. There was also a bear like creature who wore odd socks. Does this ring a bell at all?

Also after another cartoon but not as much. I think this one is British, it's about a forest where these 2 green protagonists live. They fly around on leaves and theres a wizard who watches over them. I'm sure the title sequence showed scenes from the bad guys lair, think one was some kind of dragon in armour.

edit- AND another one was about another island, all I remember about this was the focal point of saving their coral reef around the island. but that really is all I remember!

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Been trying to find these for years now!

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
Don't want to hijack this thread but...

I can also partially remember a cartoon from my childhood (in UK). It would have been around 10 years ago. It was about these small pyramids, about the size of a grapefruit and they were all different colours. I think there were 4 of them in total, and they each had different powers. I think if you had all four in your possession you would be super-powerful.

Ofcourse the good guys never had all four at any given time, as far as I can recall, and I think their mission was to steal the other pyramids from the bad guys.

I loved that cartoon, but cannot remember at all what it was called. If anyone had an idea I would be greatly appreciative.

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
raggedjimmi said:
Also after another cartoon but not as much. I think this one is British, it's about a forest where these 2 green protagonists live. They fly around on leaves and theres a wizard who watches over them. I'm sure the title sequence showed scenes from the bad guys lair, think one was some kind of dragon in armour.
That sounds like The Dreamstone to me.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
DINGDINGDING! Dreamstone! Cheers Jaffa :D

one down, 2 to go :)

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
Last time i checked snakes didnt have feet :confused: But then again this day is dragging so long that maybe i passed out and I am now in the future where snakes have evolved feet and we finally have G5 laptops.

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
bartelby said:
:eek:

What the hell are you people on?!?!?!?!

LMAO! :D , Man that was my sentiments exactly!

@raggedjimmi, I'd like 6 of what you're having for this weekend. I'm sure a few friends I know would love to have some for the upcoming party.

But seriously, what country where you watching these cartoons, and also what channel or time of day? This may actually strike a bell with others that remember what it was called, even though they didnt watch it at all. Kinda like waiting for their favourite show to watch.

Just a hint.

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Prom1 said:
LMAO! :D , Man that was my sentiments exactly!

@raggedjimmi, I'd like 6 of what you're having for this weekend. I'm sure a few friends I know would love to have some for the upcoming party.

But seriously, what country where you watching these cartoons, and also what channel or time of day? This may actually strike a bell with others that remember what it was called, even though they didnt watch it at all. Kinda like waiting for their favourite show to watch.

Just a hint.

CITV is what most cartoons were on. the BBC kids shows seemed to be most quiz shows/real life stuff. But really this is going back to a very young age :)

Sticking a little bit to topic do any other brits remember this?

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 18, 2005
Jaffa Cake said:
Glad to be of assistance. The good news is, a quick Google tells me you can buy it on DVD so you can make yourself a mug of warm Ribena and relive all those childhood memories. :p

The first one you mentions rings a bell too – was it Ovide? It has a snake and a big animal with oddly coloured feet?

JAFFA CAKE YOU LEGEND! That is IT! Haha, really cheers for that!

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
raggedjimmi said:
Sticking a little bit to topic do any other brits remember this?

Oh my, I remember the undertones in that one. :p

Not a cartoon... but I bet you '80's kids remember this one. ;) :p

car2unz

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
HELP me to find a cartoon plzz

ok it was a white dog,sheep dog i think, used to run around a make martinis.. anyone know what the name of that is or how to direct me to one via the net???

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
ok it was a white dog,sheep dog i think, used to run around a make martinis.. anyone know what the name of that is or how to direct me to one via the net???
Is it a cartoon we're talking about? And what country did you see this in?

Also, any idea of a rough date?

EDIT: Hang on, it wasn't Brian off Family Guy, was it?

familyguy__brian_tini_72.jpg

car2unz

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2009
thanks anwyzz but dont stop trying,,

:D well thunk ya for tryin, but thats not the one.. i appreciate the effort and if anyone wants to help look again, id be grateful.. it was an older cartoon, with a dog that ran around in a hurry, would run run, then stop in a serious way, shake up a martini and drink.. he was white and bouncy from what i remember..

Shaun.P

macrumors 68000
Jul 14, 2003
Omicron Persei 8
I would like to repost the following (last posted 1.5 years ago)

"I can also partially remember a cartoon from my childhood (in UK). It would have been around 10 years ago (possibly more). It was about these small pyramids, about the size of a grapefruit and they were all different colours. I think there were 4 of them in total, and they each had different powers. I think if you had all four in your possession you would be super-powerful.

Ofcourse the good guys never had all four at any given time, as far as I can recall, and I think their mission was to steal the other pyramids from the bad guys.

I loved that cartoon, but cannot remember at all what it was called. If anyone had an idea I would be greatly appreciative."

vedgor

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2009
Silver Wing

Hi! My name is Goran, i'm from Croatia. I'm searching for an old cartoon, in the beggining some kid finds a dying alien and alien gives him super powers, some kind of a Silver Wing. It's very similar to Green Lantern, but i'm shure it was silver wing, not GL. I'm searching for it and i can't find it, so please somebody help me. Thank you very much.

DragonChi

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2009
Nova Scotia Canada
cant remember the name of this show for the life of me..

This show may be a little obscure, but there was some cartoon that was set in a dark atmosphere, the main character was a female crime fighter that wore red dominatrix-esque clothes. and yes it was a kids show.

this ring any bells for anyone?

there was also a show that had to do with puppies from another world and they had a crystal key with them that allowed them to open doors to other worlds. or maybe it was just their own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.