Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro

Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:12 PM   #1
bigben334
macrumors regular

Ichat File Transfers Dont Work!!!!!!!!

ok i am about to go crazy right nowww....all i want to do is be able to send my buddies pics, or songs, or any other files over ichat...it makes no sense why this has to be soo hard...i have searched this all over google and i cannot seem to fix it...i have opened soo many different ports on my linksys wrt54g wireless router firewall and none of them seem to work...i am seroiusly about to buy a windows laptop just because of stupid little things like this...somebody please help...and please dont just send me a link to apple's support site because that wont help...thanks in advance
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:27 PM   #2
ormandj
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigben334
ok i am about to go crazy right nowww....all i want to do is be able to send my buddies pics, or songs, or any other files over ichat...it makes no sense why this has to be soo hard...i have searched this all over google and i cannot seem to fix it...i have opened soo many different ports on my linksys wrt54g wireless router firewall and none of them seem to work...i am seroiusly about to buy a windows laptop just because of stupid little things like this...somebody please help...and please dont just send me a link to apple's support site because that wont help...thanks in advance
Are you attempting transfer to a windows user on AIM?

Regardless, here is the documentation on it, straight from Apple:
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=93208
http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=107476

Pay special attention to that second link, in fact - follow it first.
ormandj is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2006, 11:45 PM   #3
bigben334
macrumors regular

ughh...

i have seen those 2 pages a million times now and i am beyond that...my macbook's firewall is not active anyway so that is irrelevant...it is my wireless router's firewall that i am trying to get around...isnt there a way to just completely disable my router's firewall?????!!!!!
Old Oct 11, 2006, 12:06 AM   #4
bearbo
macrumors 68000

is it that your friend's aim that doesn't work?
has it ever worked, maybe another computer from the same router?
have you tried to plug the computer directly into the modem?

what system are you and your friend using?
bearbo is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Pro