Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Okay, I'm putting together a Keynote presentation, and I want to make it really beautiful. Are there any nice looking graphics that I can get for free? Does anyone have any graphics I can use? Thanks.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
ghall said:
Okay, I'm putting together a Keynote presentation, and I want to make it really beautiful. Are there any nice looking graphics that I can get for free? Does anyone have any graphics I can use? Thanks.

Less is more. Dont use graphics on it unless they are part of the content of the presentation.

Look at Steves keynotes. Nothing but type and pics.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
stuartluff said:
Less is more. Dont use graphics on it unless they are part of the content of the presentation.

Look at Steves keynotes. Nothing but type and pics.
Yeah, I mean, the graphics should be relevent to the content. I'm not talking about totally decking out each slide, just a bit of eye candy that will back up what I have to say.

MacBoobsPro

macrumors 603
Jan 10, 2006
ghall said:
Yeah, I mean, the graphics should be relevent to the content. I'm not talking about totally decking out each slide, just a bit of eye candy that will back up what I have to say.

Well without telling us what its about we cant really help you :p

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Well, I'm going to be talking about math, video editing and animation, podcasting, books, college, history, plus a bit more that I still need to work in. I know, it's a very diverse selection of topics, this presentation is for school, and we have to present all our work so far this year.

Actully, if your curious about my school you can check out http://www.themetschool.org

shecky

May 24, 2003
Obviously you're not a golfer.
if you are presenting your own work, then you should have no extraneous graphics to distract from it. let the content be the primary thing, not some found clipart.

and i am familiar with the Met, as i work in providence.

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
shecky said:
if you are presenting your own work, then you should have no extraneous graphics to distract from it. let the content be the primary thing, not some found clipart.

and i am familiar with the Met, as i work in providence.

Well, any suggestions on how to make a presentation that will just blow people away? I have a reputation to keep here.:D

ghall

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
Rhode Island
Hmm, looks interesting. I'll also watch an old Stevenote later, I'm more of a visual learner.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.