Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 13, 2006, 02:56 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Microsoft in the media server room a threat to Apple in the ...

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Microsoft in the media server room a threat to Apple in the living room
Description:: Here’s the real threat to Apple in the living room – Microsoft in the media server room. Microsoft can make life difficult or even lock Apple boxes like the upcoming iTV.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 13, 2006, 03:55 PM   #2
wyatt23
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to wyatt23
I don't buy it. having to buy a media server isn't going to be as simple as already having your computers in your house [which are already set up], stream media you already have to your tv.

iTV will be easy. media servers aren't for the average computer users. they take a little bit more know how. plus this SoC Tv's require you to buy a new tv and a media server.

my heart is already set on iTV. plus i live with 6 people in a college house. next year it'll be 8. plug an iTV into the living room and that means, 30,000 songs and all the videos everyone already has and it's all set up when i plug in iTV.

media server + new tv. no thanks.
wyatt23 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion