Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:53 AM   #1
scottlinux
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Replace empty trash sound with flush here

http://rapidshare.de/files/37169588/...h.aif.zip.html

Download this file. Browse to:

Hard drive>system>library>components>

then right click on CoreAudio.component and click 'show package contents'

then go into Contents>Resources>SystemSounds>finder>

there you see the real empty trash.aif. Might want to make a backup copy of that somewhere. And put my new empty trash.aif in its place there. Have to restart to make it go in effect. Enjoy!

Please make a mirror of this file. Rapidshare doesn't last very long anymore.
scottlinux is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 01:57 AM   #2
dukebound85
macrumors P6
 
dukebound85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: 5045 feet above sea level
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottlinux
http://rapidshare.de/files/37169588/...h.aif.zip.html

Download this file. Browse to:

Hard drive>system>library>components>

then right click on CoreAudio.component and click 'show package contents'

then go into Contents>Resources>SystemSounds>finder>

there you see the real empty trash.aif. Might want to make a backup copy of that somewhere. And put my new empty trash.aif in its place there. Have to restart to make it go in effect. Enjoy!

Please make a mirror of this file. Rapidshare doesn't last very long anymore.

downloading now that would kinda sound cool lol
dukebound85 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 05:52 AM   #3
SmurfBoxMasta
macrumors 65816
 
SmurfBoxMasta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: If you come into the forest really late at night, I might tell you...or nOt :)
 
werks fine, sounds really kewl
__________________
Please don't judge me...I was created to be AWESOME, not perfect
SmurfBoxMasta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 05:55 PM   #4
scottlinux
Thread Starter
macrumors 6502a
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
If apple made this the default empty trash sound in 10.5, they would sell tons of copies.
scottlinux is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:14 PM   #5
Allotriophagy
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Should be fairly simple to change the trash icon to one depicting a toilet.
Allotriophagy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:15 PM   #6
WildCowboy
Administrator/Editor
 
WildCowboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
I remember doing this on my PC back in 1996...toilet icon and flushing sound.
__________________
Editor in Chief, MacRumors
WildCowboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:35 AM   #7
Harsesis
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Can anyone send this sound to me please? I can't seem to find it anywhere but here!

Thanks
Harsesis is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 16, 2008, 09:39 AM   #8
riscy
macrumors 6502a
 
riscy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: China
This thread is almost 2 years old, so I am not surprised the file is no longer on rapidshare, and you cannot find it anywhere.
__________________
Freeware4Macs
riscy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 29, 2011, 11:34 PM   #9
scottporter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Send a message via Skype™ to scottporter
In Lion?

I can't find where to make the change in Lion. Did it in Snow Leopard butt cannot find the path in Lion...... help anyone?
scottporter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Aug 27, 2011, 11:27 AM   #10
Mac.hiavellian
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottporter View Post
I can't find where to make the change in Lion. Did it in Snow Leopard butt cannot find the path in Lion...... help anyone?
Hard Drive (Macintosh HD) > System > Library > Components >> Right click on CoreAudio.Component >> Click on Show Package Contents > Contents > SharedSupport > SystemSounds > Finder

There you find the .aif files. Remember to make a backup copy before replacing any of them.
Mac.hiavellian is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:31 PM   #11
scottporter
macrumors newbie
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Massachusetts
Send a message via Skype™ to scottporter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac.hiavellian View Post
Hard Drive (Macintosh HD) > System > Library > Components >> Right click on CoreAudio.Component >> Click on Show Package Contents > Contents > SharedSupport > SystemSounds > Finder

There you find the .aif files. Remember to make a backup copy before replacing any of them.
Thanks! just found!!
scottporter is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't empty trash mikethebook OS X 9 Nov 20, 2013 12:55 PM
Cannot Empty Trash iMacUnsure Mac Basics and Help 7 Nov 6, 2013 06:58 AM
Cannot Empty Trash Washac Mac Pro 8 Sep 24, 2013 12:42 PM
Trash will not empty Hetalia MacBook Pro 1 Feb 21, 2013 05:50 PM
Trash will not empty. aaronvan OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 7 Nov 18, 2012 03:43 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:03 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC