Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Oct 18, 2006, 06:58 AM   #1
LukeW
macrumors member

Stupid photoshop problem...

OK, this is a really stupid problem but it is bugging the hell out of me so any help would be appreciated. Its only started happening recently, but when I have my spread with some layers (lets say some text too) and I want to drag the text over to the left hand side of the page, normally I should be able to click anywhere, or at least in the general area, of the text (when it is selected in the layers menu) to be able to move it, but now it just jumps down to whatever is under it, be it another layer or the background, and moves that instead AND IT IS REALLY ANNOYING!! I now have to zoom in close to the type, make sure I have clicked directly in the centre and then drag it.
Can anyone offer any suggestions how to put it back to normal? I have probably pressed a wrong keyboard combination or something and turned the option on/off, so if anyone can tell me what to do to put it right I would appreciate it as it is driving me insane!!
LukeW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 07:20 AM   #2
iMeowbot
macrumors 601

Click on the move tool, then look in the options bar up top. Try ticking/unticking the Auto Select Layer box to see how that affects things.
iMeowbot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 07:50 AM   #3
dogbone
Banned

Also note that the Cmd key will temporarily reverse this checkbox.

I find it handy to leave the box unchecked and use the back rocker switch on my stylus (which is set to Cmd) to temporarily use the move tool to select a layer.
dogbone is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2006, 09:39 AM   #4
LukeW
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMeowbot
Click on the move tool, then look in the options bar up top. Try ticking/unticking the Auto Select Layer box to see how that affects things.
That did the trick. Thank you both of you!

...told you it was a stupid problem!
LukeW is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics