Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
Subscribed and downloaded the first episode with no problems. Seems to download into a downloads folder as its downloading, but then ends up in my Podcast folder, which I presume is the normal operation.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
That's what mine does, but then they never go into the podcast folder. Can you take a screenshot of the relative portion of your Podcast folder?

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
bobber205 said:
That's what mine does, but then they never go into the podcast folder. Can you take a screenshot of the relative portion of your Podcast folder?

So, I just chose to get the first episode, rather than subscribing, so I'm not sure where it will go once downloaded. Here's what it looks like during the ongoing download process:

picture1ql4.png

I'll edit this to reflect the folder structure once it's done.

EDIT: OK, it added itself to the regular podcasts folder, like expected.

picture2rm8.png

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Well crap.

Mine's not doing that. Any suggestions what I should do? Mine is just disappearing. Could you post the entire file path to the resulting movie file?

Ladybug

macrumors 68000
Apr 13, 2006
User\YourUserName\Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Podcasts

Podcasts playlist in iTunes is empty

If the podcasts playlist in the Source list of iTunes becomes empty unexpectedly, don't worry—they're still on your computer and can be easily added back into iTunes by following these instructions.

1 Open iTunes.
2 Open iTunes Preferences:
Mac users—From the iTunes menu, choose Preferences.
Windows users—On the Edit menu, click Preferences.
3 Click the Advanced tab.
4 Click the General tab in the Advanced pane. Your iTunes Music folder location is displayed at the top. Make a note of this location.
5 Click OK or Cancel to close the Preferences dialog.
6 In iTunes, add the podcast files back to the Library:
Mac users—From the File menu, choose Add to Library.
Windows users—On the File menu, click Add Folder to Library.
7 In the resulting window, navigate to your iTunes Music folder (the location you noted in step 4), select the Podcasts folder inside of it, and click Choose (Mac) or OK (Windows).

iTunes will add all of your downloaded podcasts back to your iTunes Library and to Podcasts in the Source list. To resubscribe to your podcasts, select Podcasts in the Source list, then click any desired Subscribe button.

bobber205

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Nov 15, 2005
Oregon
Thanks for those instructions.

I am having one problem. I can't seem to find where download.mp4 is going after it gets done downloading.

What version of quicktime do you have. (Oh, it's worth nothing whenever I Add To Library ANY .mp4 file, nothing happens. I can't play mp4 files that are showing up on my podcast list either. I have quicktime 7.0.1)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.