Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 21, 2006, 01:30 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Director Kevin Smith to Speak at Macworld Expo 2007

Category: News and Press Releases
Link: Director Kevin Smith to Speak at Macworld Expo 2007
Description:: http://www.macworld.com/news/2006/10/19/expofeature/index.php
Filmmaker Kevin Smith, others to talk at Macworld Expo
By Peter Cohen

IDG World Expo on Thursday announced its Feature Presentation lineup for Macworld Conference & Expo, which returns to San Francisco, Calif. from January 8 - 12, 2007.
Feature Presentations — open to all registered attendees — will include “Q&A With Kevin Smith,” a talk with the popular filmmaker behind Clerks, Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back and other movies is a well-known Mac user, and will come to share his stories about the film business.

“Photography and the Digital Experience” will be presented by Joel Meyerowitz, whose work has been featured in the Museum of Modern Art and on Nightline, CBS and MSNBC. He’s also the author of 15 books, including one on the World Trade Center and the Ground Zero recovery effort.

“Macworld Live! with David Pogue” will feature New York Times columnist and Mac author David Pogue, with his talk show-style presentation, complete with guests, “David’s famous song parodies and other surprises.”

The Macworld Best of Show 2007, a new event where editors from Macworld magazine will present and demonstrate the most exciting and innovative products at the show.

The MacBraniac Challenge, where two teams square off to test their mettle in a battle of wits and Mac trivia knowledge, hosted by Macworld senior editor Chris Breen.

IDG World Expo and Macworld owner Mac Publishing LLC are both owned by International Data Group (IDG).

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 21, 2006, 02:00 PM   #2
iSaint
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to iSaint
I believe people like Kevin Smith are extremely talented because of their ability to produce great films, with original and insightful content, on a low budget.

Last edited by jsw; Oct 21, 2006 at 02:24 PM. Reason: Removed ref to deleted post.
iSaint is offline   0
Old Oct 21, 2006, 03:09 PM   #3
FF_productions
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to FF_productions Send a message via Skype™ to FF_productions
Kevin Smith rocks, I ran into him in Chicago, and took a pic with him as well, I'll post it if you guys wanna see it. All his movies rock...AND he's a Mac User and proud of it.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 01:33 PM   #4
combatcolin
macrumors 68020

My old VHS copy of Clerks i found by accident reduced in the bargain section of HMV was lent to so many people i forgot who had it in the end.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion