Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i-unit123

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2006
hello,

all of a sudden, address book is broken. the application size is only 1MB (im not sure if this is default) and the application doesnt open. When I click on it, my dock expands briefly but instantly shrinks back. the application doesnt open, there is no error report, nada. Basically, i think the program is broken somehow, even though i didnt do anything to it. I havent even used it for a while, but now all of a sudden i noticed something was wrong when its icon was replaced with the default application icon. so,

what can i do to get the program back? can i download it? fix it? please help

paradillon

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2004
hard to say with limited info, could be many things. So you still see it in the apps folder?

Is it possible that the app was moved accidentally to the trash? Check for it there if it isn't in the apps folder, and put it back.

i-unit123

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2006
its still in the applications folder, not in the trash. however, it simply will not open, and when i click on it the dock briefly expands but the program doesnt appear, and the dock shrinks back again. is there anyway to reinstall the program? can i download it from somewhere???

paradillon

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2004
I assume you have repaired permissions and restarted your computer with no luck? The address book app will be on the disks or disk that came with your computer. Look through them for the appropriate disk.
Hope that helps. :)

i-unit123

macrumors member
Original poster
May 26, 2006
thanks a lot!

i dug out my os x disk and reinstaled it. worked like a charm. thanks again:) :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.