Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iVersa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
London, UK
Hi Guys,

I deleted the Top 25 Most Played playlist from my itunes when I first installed version 7.

Now I want it back but can't figure out how.

Is it possible? If so - how?

Thank you!

dops7107

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2005
Perth, Oztrailya
You need to add a smart playlist. Go to File menu in iTunes and choose New Smart Playlist, it should be fairly self-explanatory.

Bit more detail: in the window that pops up, chose "Limit to" and then select, say 25 items, according to "most often played".

iVersa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
London, UK
Thanks mate, I tried smart playlists but couldnt work it out as I had to enter something in the "contains" field.

But I managed to work it out, I just put "does not contain" SMURGSWULLO

:D

Lixivial

macrumors 6502a
iVersa said:
Thanks mate, I tried smart playlists but couldnt work it out as I had to enter something in the "contains" field.

You don't need to fill in any fields if you uncheck the "Match the following rule:" -- if that's checked then you need at least one rule, and hence something in the "contains field". With that unchecked, however, it's a simple 25 most often played list.

Anyroad, if you have it working, you have it working I guess... :p

iVersa

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 12, 2006
London, UK
Lixivial said:
You don't need to fill in any fields if you uncheck the "Match the following rule:" -- if that's checked then you need at least one rule, and hence something in the "contains field". With that unchecked, however, it's a simple 25 most often played list.

Anyroad, if you have it working, you have it working I guess... :p

You're right, I didnt see the option to uncheck the "match following"

But yes, I got it working anyway :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.