Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:17 PM   #1
NEENAHBOY
macrumors 6502

Will the Genius Bar clean my PowerBook keyboard for me?

So, a couple weeks ago, I was biting my nails with the PB on my lap (yeah, I know...), and one fell underneath the Enter key on the right side. Now, I'm very OCD about all things relating to the PB, which is why that kinda pissed me off. I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I went and bought some compressed air.

This was my first time using compressed air, and it didn't really help with the fingernail (if anything, it pushed it farther down and closer to the mini fan vents right by the keys). It did, however, bring a LOT of other crap up to the surface, and now I'm determined to get this sucker cleaned.

So, my question: will the Genius Bar clean my keyboard for me? I'm more than willing to pay whatever they see fit at this point if they have a set price.
NEENAHBOY is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2006, 08:44 PM   #2
SMM
macrumors 65816

You should be able to do this yourself. Check this out:

http://www.transintl.com/technotes/p...w-kybd-cip.pdf

This may not be your exact model, and you did not say which one you own. But, a quick Internet search should give you the exact instructions you need.
Old Oct 23, 2006, 04:01 AM   #3
RPP
macrumors member

I was about to make almost exactly the same thread ... I have so much stuff lurking under the keys of my iBook and its driving me insane, I don't know how I let it get so dirty ! I really need to get it out

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs