Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:56 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Dr. Bombay Unplugged: Stop the iPod madness!

Category: Apple Hardware
Link: Dr. Bombay Unplugged: Stop the iPod madness!
Description:: All right. That’s it. I am tired of all this stinking iPod nonsense. And, by extension, that goes to all portable digital music players, existing or yet-to-be released.

And be forewarned: If I see you walking down the street, earbuds shoved halfway into your cerebral cortex, oblivious to everything around you but your own crappy taste in music, I may very well rip the device from your person, hurl it to the ground in a startling fit of rage and attempt to grind it into its component molecules with the golf shoes I wear for just such an eventuality. I may, depending on my particular chemical balance at that instant, then attempt to rub your face into the residue until it is no more than a bloody pulp. I may or may not pose your corpse in an embarrassing position. We’ll just have to see.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 23, 2006, 11:56 PM   #2
Mudbug
Administrator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mudbug Send a message via Skype™ to Mudbug
iChuckled.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 02:03 AM   #3
redAPPLE
macrumors 68030

kim jong il is the leader of north korea. hyundais & kias are developed in south korea.

or did i misinterpret something...?

besides, was the article there to be humorous?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 09:02 AM   #4
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Hmmm...

Quote:
My breaking point came last week, after receiving a Sharper Image catalog chock-full of iPod add-ons, after learning that most auto manufacturers are at least considering iPod integration in new models.
A person who receives Sharper Image catalogs has no right to complain about pedantic geek toys. That's like being accused of living in a fantasy world by Puff the Magic Dragon.
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:09 AM   #5
SillyKary
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redAPPLE
kim jong il is the leader of north korea. hyundais & kias are developed in south korea.

or did i misinterpret something...?
Maybe that the Dear Leader now has a new toy that may well obliterate the South including Hyundai and Kia.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programme...nt/6048344.stm
SillyKary is offline   0
Old Oct 24, 2006, 11:20 AM   #6
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

Dr. Bombay is the alter-ego Michael Gerst of the Fort Worth Star-Telegram. He apparently thinks of himself as the Don Rickles of technology writers, but in fact he is not even remotely funny so his abuse comes off as simple nastiness. He's been writing this utter crap for many years now and has been rewarded with wide syndication.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion