Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Oct 24, 2006, 12:58 PM   #1
Sms231
macrumors newbie

Adding IR functionality to iBook G4

My professor uses her macbook pro along with her apple remote to advance her slides. I unfortunately can't afford a new macbook (being a starving college student), and I really like the ability to advance powerpoint with the apple remote (via 3rd party software). I have a research presentation coming up at the end of the semester, and the classroom that we're in does not have remote control for presentations. My question is, is there anything that I can purchase to add this type of functionality to my iBook G4 (14" 1.24GHz 512MB).

I was actually wondering also if attaching a universal iPod dock paired with the apple remote might provide this? I'm gonna consult the Geeks at the Apple Store in Manhattan when I go on Saturday, but I'd thought I'd ask here first.

Thanks for any advice anyone can give

~Sms
Sms231 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2006, 01:01 PM   #2
livingfortoday
macrumors 68030

You could go this route:
http://www.keyspan.com/products/usb/urm17a/

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs