Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion

Old Oct 24, 2006, 03:49 PM   #1
Bobdude161
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Skype™ to Bobdude161
What is up with USPS's tracking system?!?!

I really hate it when people send me stuff through USPS. When someone ships me something that I bought from eBay through USPS, the only notice I get from my tracking number is that

Quote:
The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper or shipping partner on [date] to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated every evening. Please check again later.
That's the only message I get. Refresh or not. It only changes when I receive the package days later saying that I have received the package. WHY??? I am very paranoid with shipping and when USPS doesn't update ANY of it's shipments I start to get ticked off. I swear USPS could be a scammer's best friend when it comes to shipping.

UPS gives me up-to-date "arriving and leaving locations" details. Why can't USPS?
Old Oct 24, 2006, 03:56 PM   #2
bearbo
macrumors 68000

because the shipper did not pay for a tracking service. the shipper paid for a so-called delivery confirmation, which is really for the shipper to know whether you have received it or not, it's not for anybody to "track" the package.. does it make sense?
bearbo is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 09:30 AM   #3
Huntn
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdude161 View Post
I really hate it when people send me stuff through USPS. When someone ships me something that I bought from eBay through USPS, the only notice I get from my tracking number is that

That's the only message I get. Refresh or not. It only changes when I receive the package days later saying that I have received the package. WHY??? I am very paranoid with shipping and when USPS doesn't update ANY of it's shipments I start to get ticked off. I swear USPS could be a scammer's best friend when it comes to shipping.

UPS gives me up-to-date "arriving and leaving locations" details. Why can't USPS?
I am underwhelmed by tracking (USPS) of a package ordered through a 3rd party via Amazon, that I am currently waiting on. It's taken well more than the 2-3 business days that were advertised.

Last edited by ergdegdeg; Feb 9, 2013 at 09:33 AM. Reason: removed reply to spam
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:23 PM   #4
Demonface
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
I am underwhelmed by tracking (USPS) of a package ordered through a 3rd party via Amazon, that I am currently waiting on. It's taken well more than the 2-3 business days that were advertised.
I've purchased an item from eBay and they said 1-3 days and it have yet to arrive and it said that its at the post office a few cities away from me and i dont know why I didnt get it yet.
Demonface is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 9, 2013, 11:43 PM   #5
QuarterSwede
macrumors 604

The main difference is that with UPS and FedEx tracking is a free basic service (built into the cost at least). With the USPS it's a premium service which is an extra fee.

And yes, the USPS sucks at delivering packages in a timely manner, even though they contract with FedEx to route packages.
QuarterSwede is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:24 AM   #6
Huntn
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuarterSwede View Post
The main difference is that with UPS and FedEx tracking is a free basic service (built into the cost at least). With the USPS it's a premium service which is an extra fee.

And yes, the USPS sucks at delivering packages in a timely manner, even though they contract with FedEx to route packages.
USPS also charges more for basic insurance where I believe FedEx and UPS, it's included.
Huntn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2013, 11:46 AM   #7
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntn View Post
USPS also charges more for basic insurance where I believe FedEx and UPS, it's included.
As much as FedEx and UPS charge to deliver a simple envelope or even a moderate package, it should be delivered by a stripper who will give me a lap dance.
Old Feb 10, 2013, 09:31 PM   #8
QuarterSwede
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas View Post
As much as FedEx and UPS charge to deliver a simple envelope or even a moderate package, it should be delivered by a stripper who will give me a lap dance.
My rule of thumb is, USPS for letters (metered mail), UPS & FedEx for packages.

I've literally had the USPS lose a package their tracking system said was delivered to me. Two calls and three days later it arrived. I avoid them at all costs for packages. That instance was unavoidable (the seller only sends via USPS).
QuarterSwede is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion