Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:50 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Treat your Mac to 3D sound spacialization with OSS 3D v2.02




Category: 3rd Party Software
Link: Treat your Mac to 3D sound spacialization with OSS 3D v2.02
Description:: OSS 3D is a sound enhancement / spacialization system that utilizes state of art DSP technology allowing addition of bass spatialization, 3D surround and various other real-time enhancements of the sound played through your system.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:54 PM   #2
wmmk
macrumors 68020
 
wmmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: The Library.
i don't get it. is it free, or is it 30 bucks? thanks for clearing this up.
wmmk is offline   0
Old Oct 25, 2006, 05:59 PM   #3
Mudbug
Administrator emeritus
 
Mudbug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: North Central Colorado
Send a message via AIM to Mudbug Send a message via Skype™ to Mudbug
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmmk
i don't get it. is it free, or is it 30 bucks? thanks for clearing this up.
best I could tell it was free, which is why I went ahead and posted it. If there's money involved, let me know and I'll remove the link and let them buy some advertising space from us.
__________________
I think I understand what you're talking about, but where are we going to find a duck and a rubber hose at this time of night?
Mudbug is offline   0
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:28 PM   #4
parenthesis
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Here and there
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudbug
best I could tell it was free, which is why I went ahead and posted it. If there's money involved, let me know and I'll remove the link and let them buy some advertising space from us.
Here is the License Agreement:

Terms of agreement:

(i) This software is distributed as a shareware with evaluation period of
14 days, then you are required to register it or remove it with an
Uninstaller provided.

(ii) The software is provided AS-IS.

(iii) The developer does not carry any liability for damages caused by this
software that may result from use of it.

By installing this software you agree to the terms above mentioned.


So that means that it's not free
__________________
When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys.
- Andrew G. Dehel
parenthesis is offline   0
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:35 PM   #5
Earendil
macrumors 68000
 
Earendil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by parenthesis
Here is the License Agreement:

Terms of agreement:

(i) This software is distributed as a shareware with evaluation period of
14 days, then you are required to register it or remove it with an
Uninstaller provided.

(ii) The software is provided AS-IS.

(iii) The developer does not carry any liability for damages caused by this
software that may result from use of it.

By installing this software you agree to the terms above mentioned.
So that means that it's not free

So it is Shareware, I'm okay with that. As long as it allows at least a trial I'm okay with Macbytes giving it a little promotion if they are okay with it
__________________
Current: MacMini 2ghz / iPod Touch 2g / iPhone 4g
Retired: Alum Powerbook 1.25ghz / 4gb iPod Mini

"ooo! They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer J. Simpson
Earendil is offline   0
Old Oct 25, 2006, 06:37 PM   #6
Earendil
macrumors 68000
 
Earendil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Washington
On a different note, what do you guys think of the softwarE? I'll haveto wait until I get home fromwork to give it a good try. However I can't tlel if this is just a "modify the sound so that some people will think it sounds better" or if there really are some added benafits. Is it just an advanced equalizer with more options and presets?
Their website, while somewhat informative, doesn't seem to give a very clear picture. And their forums are down

~Tyler
__________________
Current: MacMini 2ghz / iPod Touch 2g / iPhone 4g
Retired: Alum Powerbook 1.25ghz / 4gb iPod Mini

"ooo! They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer J. Simpson
Earendil is offline   0


 
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 7 hijacked MacPro, OSs gone macyo Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 2 Oct 15, 2013 04:35 AM
Is Apple going to treat the iPad as a Mac? djrod iPad 8 Oct 28, 2012 05:14 PM
Problem Nesting OSs Under VMWare oharamj Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac 0 Sep 10, 2012 08:00 PM
Multiple OSs on a single USB Drive Achiever OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion 12 Aug 2, 2012 03:37 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 PM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC