Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

juliancs

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 24, 2006
Berklee college of music has a laptop program, and you purchase one from them when you arrive. I convinced my dad to buy a very suped up MBP when they first came out (I only got it about 4 motnhs ago), so that I can use it at Berklee - if the laptop meets the specs, you don't have to buy one from them an the fee is waived. They adopted from powerbooks to Macbook pro's pretty quickly, so I'm worried that when I go there in about a year that they will require C2D's. Here are the current specs:
"Apple MacBook Pro computer with 15.4-inch TFT Display (1440x900 resolution), 2.16GHz Intel Core Duo with 2MB shared L2 Cache, 667MHz frontside bus, ATI Mobility Radeon X1600 with 256MB GDDR3 memory, 1GB (single SO-DIMM) 667MHz DDR2 SDRAM, 100GB 5400rpm Serial ATA hard drive, Slot-load SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW), AirPort Extreme wireless networking (802.11b/g), Gigabit Ethernet, USB 2.0, FireWire 400, and optical digital and analog audio in/out, dual-link DVI video out, full-size backlit keyboard"
Now I have a 17" (Wanted the 800FW), with 2GB RAM...So I am above what they need. I am in the process now with a mac representative of getting a new replacement for my MBP, seeing as I have had non stop problems with it and multiple repairs. Do you guys think I shoul get a refund and buy a C2D instead? I can't really afford it, but if it avoids me having to end up with 2 laptops in a years time, I can do it...What do you guys think? Do you think they will adopt the C2D's? I'm thinking they will, but it's useless to ask them a day after the things came out....
Anyway, I'm in a bit of a ********* here, and help would be appreciated. Thanks.

By the way, I asked about paying on top and getting a C2D replacement, and the lady said no :mad:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.