Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 26, 2006, 08:58 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

'Apple didn't need NeXT' - Woz

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: 'Apple didn't need NeXT' - Woz
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 26, 2006, 01:14 PM   #2
SPUY767
macrumors 68000

Interesting that he says that 9 was more secure because I recall getting SevenDust on my old 6500, but I have yet to get a virus on any of my OS X machines and I've been using them for far longer.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 05:07 PM   #3
macjunkie82
macrumors member

What's with all the "we" stuff?

Quote:
Wozniak told Macworld: “There wasn’t an objective engineering type look at the operating system that we had. It was not at fault, although it was implicit a little, it was not the reason Macs were crashing. Apple thought it was and it gave a horrible opinion inside Apple as to what steps we should take to correct it, and these steps were wrong. There was nothing wrong with OS 7.”

“My feeling wasn’t so much about operating systems, as: ‘Does Apple need OS X?’” Wozniak confessed his concerns to Steve Jobs: “I remember asking Steve, telling Steve, that we didn’t really need a new operating system for that amount of money involved in the purchase of NeXT. But he said he had an obligation to his shareholders at NeXT.”
Wasn't Woz gone from Apple long before this? Unless he means the "Editorial We"
macjunkie82 is offline   0
Old Oct 26, 2006, 05:24 PM   #4
imacintel

imacintel is offline   0
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:04 PM   #5
steve_hill4
macrumors 68000

Send a message via ICQ to steve_hill4 Send a message via AIM to steve_hill4 Send a message via MSN to steve_hill4 Send a message via Yahoo to steve_hill4 Send a message via Skype™ to steve_hill4
Quote:
Originally Posted by macjunkie82
What's with all the "we" stuff?

Wasn't Woz gone from Apple long before this? Unless he means the "Editorial We"
He still offcially is an Apple employee, although only receives a token salary. If you started up a company that you are still closely associated with, whether you were an employee still or not, you'd always be tempted to say we though.
Old Oct 26, 2006, 07:13 PM   #6
jamesi
macrumors 6502a

Woz is a sav but i think OS X was one of the best things to happen to apple, its why you buy a mac

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion