Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cLAsicc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
Anyone know abouts any Good Digital Audio Schools around the LA Basin that offer Degrees?
im trying to look for a school right now please anyone

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
do you think you'll be better served by spending money to get a degree, or working as intern at a studio?

cLAsicc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 27, 2006
zimv20 said:
do you think you'll be better served by spending money to get a degree, or working as intern at a studio?

Well as an intern but a degree for back up, but I need to learn the programs first thats why I want to go to school

zimv20

macrumors 601
Jul 18, 2002
toronto
there are varying opinions on this, and i've never been to a recording school, but they strike me as overly expensive.

for that kind of money, you can get your own kit to learn stuff and/or support yourself while interning. as an intern, studios don't expect you to know anything. in fact, i've heard many engineers say they'd rather get someone who knows nothing than someone who needs to unlearn stuff.

ymmv.

scottlinux

macrumors 6502a
Sep 21, 2005
there are varying opinions on this, and i've never been to a recording school, but they strike me as overly expensive.

These days in the LA area lots of studios have internship jobs that require you be in a college program which has an internship as a partial requirement. So to even get an internship for some places you have to be in a program.

Check this out:

http://www.recordingcareer.com/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.