Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:56 AM   #1
douglas
macrumors member

download photos from camera phone to iPhoto?

I'd appreciate advise on how to download photos from cellphone camera directly to iPhoto. I'm looking for a good phone with a decent camera (2mp). I had originally selected a Nokia 6165i, but it cannot connect with Macs. Any suggestions? Thanks.
douglas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 11:58 AM   #2
eb6
macrumors regular

My RAZR works well, bluetooth, but only 1mp
eb6 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:00 PM   #3
j26
macrumors 65816

The Sony Ericsson K750i works fine with Tiger, especially if you have the data cable. When you connect iPhoto opens and asks to import straight away (bit of a pain when you don't want to import photos though)
j26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 02:18 PM   #4
quigleybc
macrumors 68030

Send a message via Skype™ to quigleybc
Most Sony phones work well with OS X.

So, just check out the phones that are compatible with iSync.

And then send your camera pics to the CPU via bluetooth or USB, and import into iPhoto.

done.
quigleybc is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:03 PM   #5
nplima
macrumors 6502a

Hi

All camera-phones I've ever tried have the option of sending pictures over bluetooth. In that sense, all phones I know can connect with Macs and send/receive JPG files. Are you quite sure this Nokia is different from all others?
nplima is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 04:23 PM   #6
douglas
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nplima
Hi

All camera-phones I've ever tried have the option of sending pictures over bluetooth. In that sense, all phones I know can connect with Macs and send/receive JPG files. Are you quite sure this Nokia is different from all others?
This Nokia is not listed as a compatible phone on the Apple iSync list (although many other similar Nokia phones are). The phone has Bluetooth, so are you quite sure that it would connect via Bluetooth? Just want to be sure before I buy - otherwise the phone is just what I need, and is the only 2mp phone available from my provider (Telus). Thanks.
douglas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 27, 2006, 07:31 PM   #7
ddekker
macrumors regular

cell camera

I have a Motorola SLVR and the only way I can get pictures to my laptop is send them from the phone to the laptop (via bluetooth) I can't seem to "browse device" like I could with my old motorola, this puts them on the desktop not directly to iPhoto, but works well enough for me.. going to buy a new phone next month any suggestions from everyone? (cingular)

DD

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help