Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stoid

macrumors 601
Original poster
I work at a small university publication studio. We've made the transition to Mac OS X a few years ago for our creative work, but right now we're stuck using a project management program called Details by AEC Software. Unfortunately, it's an OS 9 application, and Classic is buggy, and if as we plan on upgrading to new Intel Macs in the near future, we'll lose that functionality all together. I know that there is FileMaker Pro, but as we are a small staff with limited resources and limited needs I was wondering if there was a good, cheap (free?) project management software that could handle storing project data and allowing it to be formatted into basic print request and proof approval forms to be sent out to clients and printers? Thanks all!

menziep

macrumors 6502a
Jan 21, 2006
stoid said:
I work at a small university publication studio. We've made the transition to Mac OS X a few years ago for our creative work, but right now we're stuck using a project management program called Details by AEC Software. Unfortunately, it's an OS 9 application, and Classic is buggy, and if as we plan on upgrading to new Intel Macs in the near future, we'll lose that functionality all together. I know that there is FileMaker Pro, but as we are a small staff with limited resources and limited needs I was wondering if there was a good, cheap (free?) project management software that could handle storing project data and allowing it to be formatted into basic print request and proof approval forms to be sent out to clients and printers? Thanks all!

Have a look on this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_open_source_software_packages#Data_storage_and_management

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.