Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:09 PM   #1
nov11
macrumors newbie

How often does Apple release new macbooks?

Dumb question but i was wondering how often apple releases the next generation of macbooks with faster processors. is it about twice a year?

tks
nov11 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:11 PM   #2
Unorthodox
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by nov11 View Post
Dumb question but i was wondering how often apple releases the next generation of macbooks with faster processors. is it about twice a year?

tks
They've only released the MacBook once. Ever.
Old Oct 28, 2006, 10:26 PM   #3
MikeyWord
macrumors newbie

Goto the Macbook Buyer's guide in the "Guides" wiki... you can compare it against the ibook update cycles.. not that it helps much =P
MikeyWord is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:03 AM   #4
brand
macrumors 68040

Roughly, at least every 166 days.
brand is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:20 PM   #5
NicoleDeReve
macrumors newbie

Link

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyWord View Post
Goto the Macbook Buyer's guide in the "Guides" wiki... you can compare it against the ibook update cycles.. not that it helps much =P
The link to that is here: http://guides.macrumors.com/Buyer's_Guide#Portable_Macs
NicoleDeReve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 01:20 AM   #6
Buzz Bumble

Quote:

tks
Yes, based on past experience it is roughly every six months for the laptops and iMacs (and often the Mac Mini) ... depending on what advances are made by Intel, NVidia, etc. that Apple thinks are worth using. Usually the cycle is that you get a new spec release, followed by a speed bump release, followed by new spec release, etc.

iPhones and iPods are on a roughly annual release schedule. The Mac Pro, MacBook Air, Apple TV, Airport, Time Capsule, Cinema Displays, etc. are on more irregular schedules.

BUT Apple has moved away from the big shows and more predictable release schedules recently. The rumour is of course that new laptops, probably only MacBook Pros, will be released next week along with the new tablet (and new MacBook Air, new iPod Touches and new iPhones, and new ...), but we'll have to wait and see.
Buzz Bumble is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2010, 02:28 PM   #7
Habitus
macrumors 6502a

Quote:

tks
Apple has made quite a few revisions to the MacBook line. However, given the latest makeover, I doubt a revision is coming in the near future.

Habitus

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice