Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Oct 29, 2006, 12:46 PM   #1
falcon1
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to falcon1 Send a message via MSN to falcon1
Harman Kardon: Drive + Play

I'm finally getting a new iPod for christmas and I need a way to connect it to the car. I have seen alot of the Harman Kardon units on tv and I was just wondering if this a good system for someone who wants to take the iPod in and out of the car?
falcon1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:25 PM   #2
Gigitt
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by falcon1 View Post
I'm finally getting a new iPod for christmas and I need a way to connect it to the car. I have seen alot of the Harman Kardon units on tv and I was just wondering if this a good system for someone who wants to take the iPod in and out of the car?
You can Make the D+P "portable" but is a PITA.
All the cabling, having to remount the display and controller on every move... as you only get one set of attachment bases.

I would say that the D+P is Universal Fitment for In-Car iPod use... when you change cars... you can take the D+P with you - not like others fixed installations that are specific for car models/head units.
Gigitt is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:26 PM   #3
falcon1
macrumors regular

Well I just want something where I can put the iPod into something and then pick the song on the iPod and it will play through the car stereo. I don't need anything fancy just something that will make it sound good and at the end of the day I can take the iPod inside and listen to it.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:43 PM   #4
poopyhead
macrumors 6502a

I just use a cassett adapter for my car. it sounds pretty good and is cheaper and better than a RF modulator and allows me to alternatively hook in my xm radio. If it's a newer car you might want to check [HTML]crutchfield.com[/HTML] there is a good chance your car might have some sort of ipod/mp3 compatability built in.

sorry I guess i posted the link incorrectly but you get the idea

Last edited by poopyhead; Oct 30, 2006 at 07:45 PM. Reason: cant figure out how to add a hyperlink
poopyhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2006, 08:05 PM   #5
falcon1
macrumors regular

The cd player is ipod ready but how do I connect it to that and be able to controller the songs from the ipod?
Old Oct 30, 2006, 10:05 PM   #6
kinvoda
macrumors newbie

you can buy a chord that goes into the back of the deck, but if you want to be able to plug in multiple sources (XM radio, iPod etc) the way to go is to get a nice alpine 9847 or 9857 since they have aux input abilities, and you can run the input cord to the spot of your choice. sounds great (No FM modulator BS, or crappy sounding cassette adapter) and looks clean as well. Not to mention that alpine's decks have a very classic design and feel to them
kinvoda is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod