Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Frankf300

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 15, 2006
NY
Searched for a while on this one, couldn't find what I was looking for though. If the answer was in there, sorry for posting this. I want to transfer all my music from my PC to my Mac via ethernet cable. I have all my music organized in the iTunes music folder, but I also have a ton of playlists because I hate to scroll through all my songs to find that one song I want. So, I just make up my playlists for the car, working out, specific types of music, or by band, stuff like that. I wanted to know how I would be able to transfer my music to the Mac, but at the same time have all the playlists transfered with the music in them in my order. I think it can be done with the export XML file, but won't that XML file be for Windows and not Mac? I also kind of wanted to preserve my play counts too, which I know the XML file does, but I can't figure out a safe way to do this without screwing up and losing my music. Thanks for your help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.