Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Oct 30, 2006, 05:19 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iTunes Store becomes gripe central for iPod discontents

Category: Apple Services
Link: iTunes Store becomes gripe central for iPod discontents
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Oct 30, 2006, 07:04 PM   #2
Superdrive
macrumors 6502a

What is a better place to leave feedback? Right on the store, other users are allowed to see exactly what is going on. Regarding the South Park thing, splitting into Seasons 10A and 10B is a big load of crap. If you purchased all of season 10, you should get it, period. And the games only available on the iPod, what's new? I want my nano to play videos too. If people want the features, they need to pay the price!
Superdrive is offline   0
Old Oct 30, 2006, 09:29 PM   #3
Analog Kid
macrumors 68030

Tough call. I like the fact that people can comment how they wish, but the problem is when people's personal vendettas make it impossible for someone to actually read a review of the product. You don't see people at Target putting yellow stickies on store shelves saying "I bought this and then 2 days later, Target lowered the price. I'm pissed."

Kudos to Apple for not sweeping the reviews clean. They could have done so simply based on "relevance".
Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:26 PM   #4
tech4all
macrumors 68040

I do, at times, find the reviews people leave a bit annoying when I'm browing through the iTunes Store. I think it would be nice if Apple made to where the reviews weren't so "in your face". Maybe an option to disable the reviews or a link to click that would take you to a reviews page. But that's just me.
Old Oct 30, 2006, 11:36 PM   #5
iJon
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superdrive View Post
I want my nano to play videos too. If people want the features, they need to pay the price!
Enjoy your eyes while there good. Can't honestly see myself staring at a nano screen to watch video and I think Apple feels the same way.

jon
iJon is offline   0
Old Oct 31, 2006, 02:31 AM   #6
Superdrive
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJon View Post
Enjoy your eyes while there good. Can't honestly see myself staring at a nano screen to watch video and I think Apple feels the same way.

jon
Sorry, I made my tongue-in-cheek comment rather ambiguous. Video on the nano is worthless. People want new features in old generations. In my opinion, it shouldn't happen.
Superdrive is offline   0
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:26 PM   #7
shamino
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by iJon View Post
Quote:
Sorry, I made my tongue-in-cheek comment rather ambiguous. Video on the nano is worthless.
Well, I wouldn't want to watch a movie on that screen, but if I could use a dock/cable to get nano-hosted video into a TV, I might be interested.

Photos on the nano screen are also kind of silly, but they're available. If it had a video-out capability, however, I might use it instead of my iBook for showing slides to the family.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 06:59 PM   #8
Earendil
macrumors 68000

Quote:
What is a better place to leave feedback? Right on the store, other users are allowed to see exactly what is going on.
Feed back on a product is awesome, and I like reading other peoples opinions on the product.

Quote:
Regarding the South Park thing, splitting into Seasons 10A and 10B is a big load of crap. If you purchased all of season 10, you should get it, period.
However I honestly don't care what people think about how Distributer A packaged the content before giving it to Apple. Apple has little direct contorl on how things are sold on iTunes (aside from not allowing it to be sold). Also, things I can see with my own eyes (like splitting a season) are obvious, I don't need some reviewer pointing it out and bashing Apple, and really it just gets in the way of real product reviews.

"ooo! They have the internet on computers now!" - Homer J. Simpson
Earendil is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion