Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2006
Man that's cool.

How that technology would apply to day to day home computer use, i'm not sure.. mostly because i'm not sure people are ready to give up their keyboard and mouse to wave their arms around all day.. but there are numerous specific applications where I could see such technology going to work tomorrow. Graphic design, animation, medical imaging, etc.

illegalprelude

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 10, 2005
Los Angeles, California
Man that's cool.

How that technology would apply to day to day home computer use, i'm not sure.. mostly because i'm not sure people are ready to give up their keyboard and mouse to wave their arms around all day.. but there are numerous specific applications where I could see such technology going to work tomorrow. Graphic design, animation, medical imaging, etc.

Yea, in the medical field, a unit like this could be amazing. having the entire human body 3D. Pushing the heart aside, looking behind it for a clogged artery for example.

That is awesome! :eek: Thanks for the link illegalprelude. :)

no problem :)

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
I have a few various words to say on this...

Photoshop!!! Illustrator!!! .... or just imagine being able to paint digitally for real. Get a paint brush and cover that screen in paint straight from the hand! Chuck water on the screen and let it run off giving realistic water effects. A teachers wipe board even! Or the next Wacom Tablet.

Or imagine apple laptops with no keyboards. Just a screen covering the entire inside surface of the laptop. Combine this with foldable screen technology and even for now current laptop designs, you got a laptop which opens up to one big ass screen and it'll be thinner.

Better yet why why have a big ass piece of the foldable screen technology say A1 size and work on it from a illustrator desk (those big drawing tables with the tilt mechanism). Unplug it, roll it up and take it to work and unroll it onto another drawing desk.

The possibilities of this stuff is amazing.

We are not even talking about RTS gaming, imagine playing Command and Conquer with just your hands over a big screen doing all that zooming in and out stuff.

dmw007

macrumors G4
May 26, 2005
Working for MI-6
Or imagine apple laptops with no keyboards. Just a screen covering the entire inside surface of the laptop. Combine this with foldable screen technology and even for now current laptop designs, you got a laptop which opens up to one big ass screen and it'll be thinner.

The Apple iTablet at long last. :cool: :D

We are not even talking about RTS gaming, imagine playing Command and Conquer with just your hands over a big screen doing all that zooming in and out stuff.

That would be cool! :)

scott523

macrumors 6502a
Sep 8, 2006
Saint Charles, MO
Ah yes, a friend who works at Apple showed me this. This reminded me of the movie, Minority Report, except in the movie, Tom Cruise never touched the screen, etc.

tech4all

macrumors 68040
Jun 13, 2004
NorCal
Pretty cool stuff. I wonder how it would be to use that type of technology with graphic apps both 2D and 3D. I wonder when we'll see this in the market?

BengalDuck

macrumors regular
Oct 27, 2006
Man that's incredible. The map stuff where you could go to ground level was the best part.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.