Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

MacRumors Forums, the discussion boards for the MacRumors family of sites, has reached the milestone of three million forum posts.

The 3,000,000th post was made by member WildCowboy at 7:31PM EST on Monday, October 30, 2006, in the MLB Hot Stove Thread 07 thread of the Community Discussion forum. Congratulations, WildCowboy, and congratulations, MacRumors!

The first forum members joined MacRumors in June 2000. Today, only six years later, there are over 88,000 registered members and over 247,000 forum threads. The forums cover Apple news and rumors, Macs, iPods, software, tips and help, and other topics of interest to the Macintosh community. The forums reached one million posts in August 2004 and two million posts in December 2005, just 10 months ago.

The MacRumors 3,000,000 Post Apple Advertisement Contest is now closed to new submissions. An announcement will be made when voting for winners begins.

MacRumors thanks the members who visit the MacRumors sites, participate in the forums, and make MacRumors the popular Internet destination that it is. We'd also like to thank the hard work of our administrators and moderators:

Editors: Arn, Longofest
Administrators: Doctor Q, Knox, Mudbug
Moderators: AmbitiousLemon, edesignuk, HexMonkey, jsw, Mr. Anderson, Nermal, Rower_CPU, WinterMute

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
always good to see the site growing.

i'll always be coming back here because of the awesome community.

MacRumors, FTW!

monke

macrumors 65816
May 30, 2005
Again Congrats MacRumors and WildCowboy.

Here's to four million! :)

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Oh gosh...I popped up in the other thread on this, but I guess I should stop by the front page one to collect my prize money.

Really, it's rather embarrassing that there wasn't more to such a landmark post than that. :eek: I was about to make that post in the big baseball season thread, but when I noticed MacNut's new Hot Stove thread, I decided to move my reply over there. It delayed me just enough to get the big 3,000,000...so blame MacNut. :p :D

I guess it serves to illustrate the wide-ranging community that MR has become over the years. Just about anything and everything is up for discussion here!

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
wow, funny topic for a mac site for him to win on.

but nonetheless, macrumors is growing.
That shows how diverse a community this is where all topics are welcome, That is how this site has grown and stayed popular.
Oh gosh...I popped up in the other thread on this, but I guess I should stop by the front page one to collect my prize money.

Really, it's rather embarrassing that there wasn't more to such a landmark post than that. :eek: I was about to make that post in the big baseball season thread, but when I noticed MacNut's new Hot Stove thread, I decided to move my reply over there. It delayed me just enough to get the big 3,000,000...so blame MacNut. :p :D

I guess it serves to illustrate the wide-ranging community that MR has become over the years. Just about anything and everything is up for discussion here!
only if I get to share in the prize money.:D :cool:

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Congrats MacRumors and WildCowboy, and a special thanks to Mad Jew and ~Shard~; without them, this milestone would not have been reached... well... ever! :D :p ;)

jsw

Moderator emeritus
Mar 16, 2004
Andover, MA
Can I edit it to ask how to post an avatar?
Sure... or ask about when quad-core MBPs will be announced, or perhaps complain about graphics options for MACs.

On topic: this is an excellent example of the longevity of and interest in these forums.
Congrats MacRumors and WildCowboy, and a special thanks to Mad Jew and ~Shard~; without them, this milestone would not have been reached... well... ever! :D :p ;)
Interestingly, between the two of them, they account for over 1 of each 100 posts made, ever.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
Or we could start spamming/hijacking some thread like mad and get is wastelanded.
That'll make the forums dip back below 3,000,000 post.
Then we can try again!

I subconsciously put a 'jew' in there and thought, that's not really fair, he's not that bad.

I think wastelanded and deleted posts still counts for this 3 million number, don't they? Oh, and I almost forgot. Congratulations to everyone. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.