Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old Oct 31, 2006, 01:50 PM   #1
mashinhead
macrumors 68020

Jack Daniel's Font

Looking for the typeface or something close to the 'Jack Daniels' Part of the label. Anyone have any suggestions. I'm looking for a good, but not overused san sarif font that is vintage american, and nostalgic. Think, Harley, Jack, And Coke., but not as scripty as Coke.
mashinhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 03:32 PM   #2
iMeowbot
macrumors 601

Try searches like "wood" and "1800s display" over at myfonts.com, there are loads of candidates for that kind of thing there.
iMeowbot is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:02 PM   #3
CanadaRAM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashinhead View Post
Looking for the typeface or something close to the 'Jack Daniels' Part of the label. Anyone have any suggestions. I'm looking for a good, but not overused san sarif font that is vintage american, and nostalgic. Think, Harley, Jack, And Coke., but not as scripty as Coke.
And what a marketing joke that is -- the "historic" Jack Daniels label was created by an advertising firm in the late '50s. The population of Lynchburg is several thousand, not 361, and Lem Motlow died in 1947 and consequently is no longer the proprietor.

BTW: which font are you referring to on the label -- there's a handful of different ones, not many (any?) are sans-serif.

There's a script that you might find Linoscript a suitable substitute for. Most of the quasi-woodcut fonts are serif.
Old Oct 31, 2006, 04:03 PM   #4
mashinhead
macrumors 68020

the part that says jack daniels
mashinhead is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics