Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

diametric

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Sydney
I felt something was wrong with Mail.app so I sent myself some e-mail, random stuff, and then asked Mail.app to 'Get Mail'. It did not get mail, though the mail I sent was visible under the Sent tab.

I changed my icon for Mail with a custom one, I doubt this is the problem though.

And I use Gmail (POP), and all the emails I sent myself are on Gmail, but Mail does not retrieve them, anyone know what the problem could be, fixes?

Thanks in advance.

diametric

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
Sydney
Not on my system. Bah, this is frustrating, what it if it stops retrieving other people's email as well?

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Wait, so some email is getting through, but not all email? Is it being caught by a GMail junk filter? Is it being put in Mail's Junk folder (unlikely)?

Slvgx

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2006
I'm having this same problem as well. AFAIK I'm getting all outside mail, but when I try and e-mail myself reminders using the same account as the sender and receiver I don't get the message. I can log in to gmail and it's sitting there in my normal inbox, but Mail.app won't pick it up. I have no filtering or junk of any kind. Tried reboot and opening closing Mail.app, any other suggestions?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.