Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 1, 2006, 01:29 PM   #1
bittersweet
macrumors newbie

Mac G5 (AVID) Box & Monitor Won't Boot Up (HELP PLEASE)

Sorry if I'm asking this question in the wrong forum. I've been use a Mac G5 for editing podcasts. The machine is actually an AVID box, which is also used for editing video. I'm running the most recent version of OS 10.4.6.

The machine seems to start up just fine, but the monitor never starts up. Both the on/off button on the g5 box and the monitor will blink continuously.

About a week ago the fan in the Avid box just started to run faster all of a sudden. Now, after I start up the G5, the fan noise slowly grows louder and louder until it almost sounds like a large fan in the room. This is just after turning on the G5, I'd say within 5 minutes the fan noise is out of control. Again the monitor, which plugs into the back of the G5, is powered by the g5 when it is turned. Both the monitor and G5 just blink.

I've tried doing a safe boot (holding down the shift key) but nothing happens.

Does anyone have an thoughts/suggestions or can you suggest any sites that might offer forums that could assist me with this issue.

Thanks...
bittersweet is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs