Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
Ok, I found ths out in the middle of the road. Its a 2gb Al nano. i have not tried to get it to work as of yet, I bet my girlfriend 5 bucks i could get it to at least play a song by friday.

Attachments

• nano.jpg
    nano.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 113

lamina

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2006
Niagara
What a find!

I'd doubt youll be able to get it to play anything, it looks pretty warped and it's very likely the mainboard is in pieces... It'll still be cool to take apart though!

Spock

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 6, 2002
Vulcan
What a find!

I'd doubt youll be able to get it to play anything, it looks pretty warped and it's very likely the mainboard is in pieces... It'll still be cool to take apart though!

I dont know I have heard of the first nano still playing after getting ran over by a car.

Wow, that is sad!

Are the ports pluggable?

Yeah, i had to take the plastic cover around the dock and headphones port off but i was able to plug a charger in the iPod and it did not do anything. But I am going to mess with it for a little while.

Update: i plugged the iPod into my iMac (Not a very smart move) it made a funny noise and will not mount or anything its like nothings connected so i think its dead it stinks too this thing is not old at all I ran the serial and it said it was purchased about 2 weeks ago.

ClassicFitness

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Wow .... this is weird. Would be funny to know the story behind this little 2GB fellow. Well, at least try to open it to see what's wrong.
If you can, post some pics.:p

Tom B.

macrumors 65816
Mar 22, 2006
London
In a weird way, i think it looks quite cool like that. (Not quite enough for me to want the same for my 8GB nano).

I think it must of been run over multiple times (possibly on purpose by a pro-Zune cult ;)), because I don't think that being run over by a car once could of caused that to happen, because the 1st Generation nano could easily survive being run over, with nothing more than a few scratches (shown in this video).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.