Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
I have recently got myself a lovely powerbook 15" display to use as my portable mac. It is the 1.33 Ghz model.

I was wondering if someone could give me any tips on display calibration for this machine. Or if someone had a calibrated profile they were happy with that they could send me. My screen has a not-so-attractive yellow tinge to it. I have tried playing around with the built in calibration software but I don't know alot about it and it hasn't made much difference.

Thanks in advance,
David

davidjearly

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 21, 2006
Glasgow, Scotland
The yellow tinge might be a sign of a loose GPU connection. Are you very confident with taking something like this apart? iFixit has some great guides to show you what to do. :)

Thanks, I'll try that. I've used these guides before and taken apart many macs before so shouldn't be a problem.

Anyone have any other tips on calibration or care to share the current profile they are using?

Thanks, David

theblotted

macrumors regular
Nov 10, 2006
Los Angeles
not sure how severe the yellow tinge is, but my profile tends to be on a bit yellower side. a photographer friend who's savvy on Mac's showed me that during calibration, squint your eyes for the white/black apple part; but when it gets to "Target White Point", choose a bit darker/yellower than normal.

this way, it's a bit easier on the eyes, and you can really tell the white apart from other near-white colors. FWIW, i find all the colors more rich and pleasant looking.

here's the profile, in case you or anyone is interested. not sure if it'll work tho (i'm on TiBook 1GHz 15"):

Attachments

• Trimmed-4270840.icc.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 76
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.