Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Nov 2, 2006, 11:06 PM   #1
brent0saurus
macrumors regular

powerbook battery charge decreasing even while plugged in??

for some reason my powerbook battery charge slowly goes down even while it's plugged in. The power light is green as if it's fully charged but it goes down about 1% every day and then if i unplug it and plug it back in then it starts to charge, goes up to 100% like it should and then starts all over again. It never used to do this so i don't know why it's doing it now.

It started happening around the time apple had that huge recall so then i got it replaced but it still does it so it can't be the batteries fault (at least it doesn't seem likely)
brent0saurus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2006, 11:43 PM   #2
vectormasked
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brent0saurus View Post
for some reason my powerbook battery charge slowly goes down even while it's plugged in. The power light is green as if it's fully charged but it goes down about 1% every day and then if i unplug it and plug it back in then it starts to charge, goes up to 100% like it should and then starts all over again. It never used to do this so i don't know why it's doing it now.

It started happening around the time apple had that huge recall so then i got it replaced but it still does it so it can't be the batteries fault (at least it doesn't seem likely)
What recall?? maybe I've been in outer space coz....who knows....

Today I picked up my new macbook pro and aside from the high-pitched buzzing sound I also noticed that when I plugged in the adapter the computer kept telling me that the battery was still going down. it went from 70% to 40%. I just turned it off and left it there. I'll check later if the battery actually got charged.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:50 AM   #3
brent0saurus
macrumors regular

https://support.apple.com/ibook_powe...tteryexchange/

that recall doesn't affect macbooks. i'm not sure if we have the same problem. mine goes down very slowly. it acts almost like it's being charged but it isn't getting enough power so it slowly goes down. Yours sounds like it's not charging at all.
brent0saurus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2006, 12:54 AM   #4
vectormasked
macrumors member

lol

didn't notice this was about the powerbooks

Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:12 PM   #5
Macerena
macrumors newbie

I have had the same problem lately and notice that one thing that changed before this started happening was that I began allowing my powerbook to be used at maximum brightness.

As an experiment, I got the other user of my powerbook to turn the brightness down a bit and see if it charges up some. In the meantime, I have turned the brightness way up (at max) on this little macbook to see if I can re-create the problem here. We'll see.

Is it possible that you are running at full steam?

M.
Macerena is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 06:22 PM   #6
honeycrisp
macrumors regular

Hopefully it's just a calibration issue and not a battery issue!
honeycrisp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 14, 2008, 08:02 PM   #7
alphaod
macrumors Core

Batteries lose charge over time by itself; when it's plugged in it looses charge because you're using an adapter and the battery is full, so it's not being constantly charged.

And that recall is for potentially exploding batteries.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs