Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Nov 3, 2006, 11:53 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iTunes stutter-stop fix at issue

Category: Apple Software
Link: iTunes stutter-stop fix at issue
Description:: none

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Nov 4, 2006, 09:34 AM   #2
ThePreacherMan
macrumors newbie

Don't Know What All The Fuss Is About!!!

I don't know what all the fuss is about. I have not experienced any problems with iTunes at anytime. Is this glitch with windows users only?

I just got the new silver shuffle yesterday and it is working flawlessly. (By the way, it is amazingly small and awesome). I have a 1G 2 gig Nano as well as a 5G 30 Gig iPod tand none of them have given me any trouble. I sync them with one of three different computers including, a 15" Powerbook, a 1.8ghz single G5 Desktop, and the new 2.0ghz Macbook Intel Core Duo. My wife has not experience any problems with her Nano when synced to her new iMac 1.83ghz Intel Core Duo.

The PreacherMan
ThePreacherMan is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:33 AM   #3
Bedawyn
macrumors regular

Send a message via AIM to Bedawyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePreacherMan View Post
Is this glitch with windows users only?
No, it's not.

Has anyone installed 7.02 yet? Usually I wouldn't hesitate with only a point update, but after the last few iTunes updates, I'm paranoid about even that. Does it actually fix the playback issues? How many new problems does it introduce?
Bedawyn is offline   0
Old Nov 5, 2006, 08:41 AM   #4
Mitthrawnuruodo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePreacherMan View Post
I don't know what all the fuss is about. I have not experienced any problems with iTunes at anytime. Is this glitch with windows users only?
I get that stuttering some times on my MacBook, but only when Crossfade Playback is enabled, and it only started occurring after the upgrade to version 7, so I just assume that it's the Gapless Playback and the Crossfade Playback that are frelling up each other...

Most of the time it's fine, though, and if it gets really bad, and I cannot be bothered to restart (iTunes and/or the Mac) I just disable Crossfade Playback and all is fine...

Edit: Oh, the irony. I've not had a single stuttering all day (more than two hours straight) but just as I was typing this post iTunes switched songs and, what do you think happened...?
Old Nov 5, 2006, 03:43 PM   #5
Lixivial
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitthrawnuruodo View Post
Edit: Oh, the irony. I've not had a single stuttering all day (more than two hours straight) but just as I was typing this post iTunes switched songs and, what do you think happened...?
Do you experience this same issue with video?

My MacBook runs audio just peachy from an AFP volume, but every time it hits a video, the video drops the first five seconds of frames and then picks up as if nothing happened. Don't get me started on what happens if I actually put the video into a separate window (or, heaven forbid, make the overlay controls come up in those first five seconds)!
Lixivial is offline   0
Old Nov 6, 2006, 02:51 AM   #6
Mitthrawnuruodo

Sorry, I don't use iTunes for video.

And I didn't have another stuttering all day yesterday, nor today... so far...

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion